Rare and interesting W-sighting.

MaroonRegal

Saw a really cool Cutlass today. DOHC Sedan, with a full granny top. I know, I know, vinyl tops tend towards ugliness. But this one really set the car apart, and I liked the way it altered the roofline. It made for a very cool effect.

Aren't DOHC Cutlass Supreme Sedan's somewhat uncommon?

The CS sedan I had was DOHC. It had almost every Intl. option, but was, for some reason, still badged an SL.

Although my coupe doesn't have the DOHC (thankfully wasn't available in '90 any ways), it seems to have every option avaibable on the International yet is still badged an SL. It has everything but the 16" wheels, ground effects (but it does have the BX2 molding package), and the multi-way adjustable power lumber seats.

Wow, having all that makes me think someone changed the badging. Or they just wanted to make it into an International. Several of those things were only available on the I-series.

my 91 sedan had the dohc and intl wheels but was badged as SL as well.

it was stripped down, no power seats, locks, windows, or anything. however it had power mirrors.

did they make a 4 door international even?

Yeah I've seen a few Intl. sedans. I thought it had perhaps been changed too.. why someone would DEGRADE models is beyond me, but the VIN brought it up as an SL Series. GM does different things, so who knows.