Seatbelt Woes

Bizzo

Last night my seatbelt on the top part of the driver's side door stop recoiling. I took the door apart today and looked at the unit. I got it you rewind back in the door but if you pull it out it won't rewind. I think the unit is broke. Does anyone know where to get one of these units besides the dealer or the junkyard. I don't mind jy parts but I'd rather have a new one so I don't have the same problem a month later. If anyone has had similiar problemes and found a remedy let me know. Thanks

How convenient that I should stumble onto this topic. I am looking at a 1992 Cutty Int 2-dr that right now has the seat belt wrapped around the interior door handle because the retracting mechanism inside the door panel is shot.

Will a JY unit from other W-body cars work and is it easily removed from the door? Are any special tools needed? Thank you in advance.

How convenient that I should stumble onto this topic. I am looking at a 1992 Cutty Int 2-dr that right now has the seat belt wrapped around the interior door handle because the retracting mechanism inside the door panel is shot.

Will a JY unit from other W-body cars work and is it easily removed from the door? Are any special tools needed? Thank you in advance.

You'll probably just Torq bits for your ratchet, if you don't have some already.