Custom Accessory: Liscence Plate Covers...........my design.

AWeb80

I was really bored at work and was thinkin of different things I could do to make my car(The GP) different from other peeps.

I knew we have a laser etcher in our "Metal Art" division at work and was thinking of different thinks I could etch.

My company's website

Go to the metalandart link and check out ALL the pics there and you can get an Idea of what what we make. ( I would give anything to work in this division).....PS. If you buy anything on there, tell them I told you cause there is a position open there, and i want it...thanks)

OK, back to what I am posting this for. I wanted to put the Pontiac Emblem on the front of licence plate covers that I had on my GP...

CNXT0025.JPG

CNXT0026.JPG

They are smoked Plastic.....the pics are kinda hard to see though.

Well I talked to a kid my age and he drew up the emblem in autoCad and we etched the emblem in the Cover.

Here's the Covers.

Now what I want to do is make some Olds emblems for my Cutty. If there is enough interest, I'd be glad to make Chevy and Buick also.

If I sell them, They will Probably be around $10-$12 dollars a piece and I'm not sure what shipping is yet. I know it's kinda alot, but at least i'm not charging what the company would charge per hour...

I don't get on here as much as i'd like, but I will check as much as possible to see if there is interest.

PM me if you'd like some and how many you want. It will be a few weeks before I get the others brands made cause I'm doing this off-the-clock at work and they don't really like you using the machines too much for personal use, but i'll do what I can, please bear with me, I'd love to make them you Guys and Gals.

P.S. Thanks to MaroonRegal (Scott) for taking and hosting the pics.

Hey, those are really cool. Nice job. But you can't cover up license plates, at least in this part of the country. Maybe it would be legal on the front, and certainly in AZ and NM it would be, you don't even need a front plate here.

Of course they aren't leagal. They are legal here. I just thought there might be some of you that might want them cause it would be something different. You could get them for show (Gearhead), Shits and giggles, or just to hang up in your garage or something.

I think you can have a plate cover in VA as long as its clear...that ain't totally a bad thing, I've seen cars at the show with clear embossed covers and its a nice subtle touch that you have to look for...of course for something that is illegal here there sure are enough cars with them on (and Vettes with no front plate!)

I think you can have a plate cover in VA as long as its clear...that ain't totally a bad thing, I've seen cars at the show with clear embossed covers and its a nice subtle touch that you have to look for...of course for something that is illegal here there sure are enough cars with them on (and Vettes with no front plate!)

that batmobile in your sig doesnt have a front plate either. but batman would whip the shit out of any cop that pulled him over for any pussy reason like not having a front license plate, jees, people today and their idiotic laws :roll:

LMAO! :lol: ...right after he hit his afterburner and torched the shit out of the front of the patrol car!.....I agree that Virginia is anal about dumb shit like this....whats the big deal if the car has a plate on the front or not?....whats he gonna do, run your plate from his rearview mirror?

those are kinda cool, but definitely illegal here....

as far as I know, as long as the plate number can be read it is legal

it is illegal,trust me.......I was ticketed and fined for a smoked cover