converting ft/lbs to in/lbs

Guest TurboSedan

I would guess multiply whatever you have in ft by 12 to get inches since ther are 12in in a foot (say 15fl/lbs would equal 180in/lbs 15x12=180?)

Just my guess, my calculator didnt have that specific conversion..

As others have said, multiply by 12, and it may be helpful to know its ft-lbs not ft/lbs. The measurement is distance times weight not distance/weight. Therefor, Ft-lbs and lb-ft are interchangable.

Guest TurboSedan

the main reason i wanted to know is because some things in my Haynes manual (for example) are listed in a very low Ft/lbs, and to be honest i don't really trust my Craftsman torque wrench's accuracy when i have to torque my caliper slider bolts or plenum bolts to 25 Ft/lbs or whatever it is. i'd rather use my Craftsman In/lbs wrench - it just seems like it would be more accurate when torquing things that use a smaller bolt/nut.

joshua

True Turby unless you have some Nancy ass impact. My Mac would make quick work of these manifolds. I even have a I/R air ratchet that gives 80 lb-ft of finger trapping torque :lol: (you just haven't lived until you get your fingers smashed between your air ratchet and a piece of sharp metal, then scream like a little bitch for people to come try to loosen the bolt that is kicking your ass) :evil: