Air bag light in cutty, also Low traction light... Help mee!

Dreamgerlx

my airbag light just came on in my 96 cutty.. and before i take it to a dealer to have it checked out, is there a reset anywhere i could do just to make sure its definatly a problem? I know altimas have a button by the seat, but what about cutlass's? I just dont wanna spend the money yet... and i have only 58,900 miles on my car.

aLso.. does anyone else's LOW traction light come on everytime the road is uneven? I have excellent tires, brand new also now, and it still does that.. is there anyway to make the car more stable?

Sorry.. but im not really up on EVERYTHING with my car

alright ill do that thanks... :D yea when i had originally bought the car, they had said that it was already checked by a dealer, so it isnt because of a recall.

hopefully its the damn fuse. the more i dont drive the car the more random crapp happens.. :twisted: thanks

as for the lowtrac light

mine does the same thing. IIRC its because the car noticed one wheel started spinning really quick, compared to the others. Mine comes on all the time in bad weather.

And airbag....be careful. Id get it checked ASAP.

jon

The ABS light comes on when ever there is a problem with the ABS system, when its on the ABS are disabled. The Low Trac light comes on when ever a wheel looses traction, I have a V-8 Firebird and the low trc light comes on every time I leave a stop sign :twisted: So its nothing too worry about.

In the Altimas.. well i know the 95 altima has it on the side of the driver seat, by where the seatbelt comes up. theres a circle button that if you press 6 times, resets the systems computer.

email me if u wanna know exactly and ill find out.. dreamgerlx@aol.com

okay guys update.. my airbag light comes on and off... right now its off.. thats pretty odd.. any ideas? (Yea i will come and get it checked out)

The purpose would be for for someone like me to worry!!

i cutty has okay traction but you kno whta car kicks ass.. my dads delta 88.. lol i LOVE the beast.. and it does just as good as the jeep in all the snow...

Those LowTrac lights come on ALL the time in those Supremes. Don't worry about it. Basically ignore it.. all its saying is hey.. I'm on experiencing some bad traction.. its just letting you know and it isn't really anything to worry about.

IIRC from when I read the owner's manual, our Low Trac light is only supposed to come on when your ABS are engaged. So, when your ABS light is on, it means your ABS aren't working, or at least they think they aren't. When that light is on, the Low Trac light should never come on. I can nail the gas and spin the tires for very long periods of time, and no matter what the road conditions are, my Low Trac light comes on only when my ABS are doing their job.

Sometimes my ABS light (the one with the circle) comes on when I go over a curb wrong or splash through a big puddle. Somewhere in there there are sensors. When they get dirty, they shut off the ABS, engaging your light.

My abs light comes on at random times. Its off most of the time, but like you guys said when its on they dont work. I like the abs on these cars, they arent loud and dont freak you out when the engage like some other cars do. My dads S10, when i first slammed on the brakes on gravel and the abs kicked it, it was loud as shit and i thought i broke something bad, because having only owned old cars i never knew what it sounded like. On my car you can barely tell they turn on, sound wise.