FFV?

cutsup1996

Walkin' on campus today and again see those newer taurs's with that FFV badge on the side. I started thinkin' bout it and I don't know what the hell that is an abbreviation for. Somebody clear this up for me please, I know it's dumb I just wanna know.

:lol: that lame! I've never seen the badge myself.. Stupid Taurus!

They should put "GT" or "SHO" on them if they want to sell them to people other than 'soccer moms.'

Ford says they will be discontinued within a couple of years anyway.......

what, like more environmentally friendly or something, who has these fuels, do the sellers tell you so if they are selling it?

Yea.. I know Holiday sells it up here in MN.. They say on the sign if it's E-85.. This just means the gas is 85% Ethanol. Also, the price is significantly lower than standard gas.. I don't know if our cars can have these fuels, although I saw at an Ebay aution once a Flex Fuel 3.1L.. Can someone coroberate this?

just so you should all know, it is hard to find ethanol in colder areas cause it doesn't burn very well. In warm areas it burns great and very clean (but? I was told that it isn't as fast with the ethanol?). Also if you put 85% ethanol in our cars you are an idiot. I was told that gas with 10% ethanol will start to eat at the fuel system so I try to stay away from those if at all possible. Just imagine 85% ethanol!

The flex fuel(E85 or whatever it's labeled) actually makes the car a bit faster due to it's higher octane rating(seen on tv where they were testing out flex fuel vehicles and almost all of them ran a very slight bit faster with the E85 vs regular gasoline). My bro's 00 S-10 is a "flex fuel" vehicle..I've never seen E85 at a filling station before around here..on the tv special where they were testing cars, they showed a station up north if I'm remembering right that had a E85 pump.

Ethanol :lol: sounds like watered down moonshine to me. Hell we been running it in our cars down south for years. Just make sure to remove your cat and mix it 50 50 with gas. Warning it will burn you engine up over time with long term use. :lol:

Nope...I was wrong.... :oops:

Quote from the Ford site:

AFVs in General

Q: What Ford AFVs are currently available for purchase in the U.S.?

A: For sale to fleet, retail and government customers, we offer:

FLEXIBLE FUEL VEHICLES -- 2004 marks the ninth year of production for the Taurus Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV), which is powered by ethanol (E-85), unleaded gasoline, or a combination of the two. Also available as FFVs are: Explorer, Explorer Sport Trac, Mountaineer and Sable "

Well there you have it......... :dunce:

yes FFV = flesible fuel vehicle. Like someone else said, i have only seen holiday stations here in MN selling E85 at a much cheaper price than regular gas. I remember posting about this a few monthes back, and i wouldnt recomend using this fuel unless your car was made for it.

I see lots of those FFV Taurii. But I live in Nebraska. Funny thing is, I live in Nebraska, where corn is everything, and finding E85 is a very difficult (and expensive) task. But E10 is everywhere, and cheap.