Why so much money?

5speedz34

So today I called a upholstery shop by me to get a price on reupholstering 4 leather buckets, out of a GP. Well they tell me $4,000 and 5,000 to go from cloth to leather! :shock: :shock: :shock:

WTF why so much?

There is alot of time that goes into a job like that.

It's not like a machine is doing it.

When leather seats are made for production cars, a machine makes them all...fast.

But for something like that...a person has to sit there for HOURS, DAYS, to make them. It's a long job.

For example...to make leather one steering wheel for a bently can take 8 hours.

for a steering wheel.

thats a rip off, I went to have mine recovered once and was quoted $300-$400 for the back seat and $200-$300 for each of the buckets.

IMHO its still cheaper to steal leather seats out of a wreck than to have them recoverd.

I had rear buckets recovered for $300 in cloth. That is a reasonable price.But what they told you, you should have told them to shove the seats up there asses. Theres no way anyone would pay that much to have there seats to be recovred. Also, get them recovered in vinyl, it will last much longer, and is cheaper.

Well they tell me $4,000 and 5,000 to go from cloth to leather! WTF why so much?

Eek! :shock: That's a complete rip-off.

I'm redoing my Jetta seats locally and for new cloth it ran $850 with insallation.

Go somewhere else, they're jacking you for a serious payment ride...

- Erik