topicwhoreness - Muffler question

digitaloutsider

I have this random cherry bomb muffler laying around that my friend bought for his GP a while back and never put it on. I don't have much cash so a complete exhaust overhaul is out of the question for a while, so I was wondering: Should I just go ahead and put this thing on, or leave the stock one in place?

You know on my Old 3.1 Lumina I replaced the Cat with a cherry bomb muffler. Man did it shound like a tank lol. Personally I don't think it's worth it unless it bolts up. Mine I had to change diamiter twice to get the freeking thing to work.

heh. idea.. keep the cat on it and just cut off the muffler........ the cherry bomb will make it sound better..... anyways. the cat muffles the sound so much its not even funny.. i cut off my muffler and put a straight pipe on it and it was actually quieter without the cat and with a 3 chamber flowmaster muffler.... i'm thinking most economical choice is to cut the muffler off close as possible to the muffler....... at best paint the cherry bomb black so it won't look obvious..

mine sounded good with a free flowing fart can on it, idled like a 305 with flows. I'm putting my 40 series on it this summer. go for it! put that on and it'll prolly just make it a lil louder

Jay

Guest TurboSedan

i have a test pipe in place of the cat, and the stock muffler. it's still too quiet IMO, i have to watch the tach so i can shift at the right time, or turn the stereo down all the way.

joshua

cutlass' always had quieter exhausts for the most part....... my uero with no muffler and with the cat is quieter than it is not with a hi flow cat and a flowmaster........ and no S-pipe.

I had a cherrybomb on my cutlass for about 2 years. It wasnt that loud not too much louder then my stock muffler. I even run a strait pipe on mine for a while and hell it wasnt that loud. You can get by with it on our cars with the cat on it. The cats on our cars are so restrictive they act as a muffler keeping them quiet some what.