K&N Filter Question

digitaloutsider

I noticed how a few people on this board have the K&N cone filter on their cars (replacing the stock airbox). On K&N's website, it says this isn't street nor emission legal. What are legal are their entire kits, which they don't make for the 3.1's. Is there any way to get a cone filter for my car? Bah!

Or you can go to like pep boys and look at the K&N book for specs on all filters. Choose one by the size you need. Then go to the online resellers on K&N's web page to find the best deal.

I dont know how emissions is everywhere else but...I went through emissions with the filter and they didnt say shit! Maybe its just in different states they are being dicks about it.

I put a generic cone filter on my car and it sounds really mean. Seems a little faster but I think it's mostly the sound. (BTW 0-60 before was 12.73 now 12.07) Does this seem slow or what?

I have a cone, and the only sound it really makes other than just making the engine louder is it hisses. I haven't noticed any loss/gain of power or torque, but 5 or less hp is hard to notice.

I noticed a decent gain from my cone filter, especially in the higher rpms, where-as the stock box suffocated the engine and stopped pulling at about 4800 rpm. I didn't notice any torque loss though. Maybe it's the type of filter I got, it's only a 6" cone.

I put a generic cone filter on my car and it sounds really mean. Seems a little faster but I think it's mostly the sound. (BTW 0-60 before was 12.73 now 12.07) Does this seem slow or what?

Dang, that does seems pretty slow, I G-Teched (i was on some pretty level ground) my car at 9.12 sec on a 0-60 runs. I have a dead body in the trunk too. :)

there's no way your car should be doing 0-60 in 12secs. Either you can't count or you have a problem under the hood you don't know about. Tune up comes to mind...

I have a k&n drop in and i added the amsoil 0w-30 series 2000 synthetic racing oil at the same time. So i saw a noticable performance difference. I'm not sure which of the 2 is more responsible for it.

My car runs fine, it does have alot of extra weight in it. (maybe 100lbs more at the most) This is also timing it with my phone. I thought it was slow too. WTF? Maybe the ground wasn't as level as I thought.