Rev limiter

Mint Euro92

Does anyone know if there is a factory rev limiter on a 92 3.1 ? I was working on the car cleaning the throttle body . And after starting it up to clear the cleaner out it seems it wont rev past 4k in neutral just seems to bounce off a limiter. It runs & drives fine otherwise

Theres an in gear rev limiter at 6200? I know there is the 4200 limiter in Park. Ive hit 7000 many times in gear :think:

that is because luminas rock..... :roll:

:lol: My lumina never had an RPM gauge.. so I couldn't tell ya.. I wouldn't doubt it if I've hit that high before though :oops:

It might be because your lumina is a '90. My 90 lumina does not have a rev limiter or a governor and my buddies 92 lumina does. My guess is that it was added when GM went to the 4t60E, instead of the 4t60 like the 90 luminas had.

It might be because your lumina is a '90. My 90 lumina does not have a rev limiter or a governor and my buddies 92 lumina does. My guess is that it was added when GM went to the 4t60E, instead of the 4t60 like the 90 luminas had.

Well I have a limiter at 4200 in park, and nothing else I've found in gear. Like I said before I've hit 7000 a few times and backed off when I saw the engine speed. I have a governor at 119mph.

your pushrod hit 7K? :shock: I thought those redlined at 6 and I remember Ben saying that they had an ingear limiter of 6212

I was well into the redline. I happened to be racing my friend and I looked down and saw where the needle was and let off the gas immediately.

Like I said, mine didn't have the RPM gauge, but I believe the highest it has ever ran is when I was going about 75mph in 2nd. gear. :? I had the radio turned up so loud, I didn't hear anything abnormal. I don't know what the RPMs would have been, but dangerously high, I imagine.

I was well into the redline. I happened to be racing my friend and I looked down and saw where the needle was and let off the gas immediately.

Your tack it off and that's why it's seems to be revving so high. I just put a turbo 3.1 in a euro lumina and the tack reads the park limiter as 4,000 rpms when in reality I know it to be 3,000. :roll:

Your tach is definately off. If I believed my tach, that means my TSTE idles at 1500rpms, cruses down the freeway in overdrive at 3500rpms, has an in park limiter of 4200rpms, and shifts at about where 7500rpms would be on the tach if it went that far. You can't really trust the factory tachs in these cars. My guess is that your car is shifting around 5500-5800 rpms.

Shawn

my car will not go above 5500, unless you put the car in nuetral, and let the cruise control take it up past redline. My car though is gay, while having it in gear at about 4400 rpms, its like the fuel shuts off, and i can't figure out why, and it doesn't do it all the time.