my new GTP!

Heza

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2453935016

yup, i just won it! :) im excited. alternator and timing belt just replaced along with new Goodyear GSAs. he also said, with the infamous 'oil pump drive seal' that it was fixed on the '96-97 LQ1s and thats why he bought it. he was a dealership owner when he got the car and knew all the facts about the motor and its problems.

oh...my girlfriend is buying the '94 off of me. we're both happy right now! will have pictures when i get back from Iraq!

awsome ride! That must be very exciting to get a car off ebay! (I get excited when I win normal cheap junk! :lol: )

:lol: that's how i was too. however, when i saw this car...i instantly knew i had to get it. thankfully i have my girlfriend who is buying my '94 from me. so, without her...it wouldnt be possible!

Congrats on getting that car dude. You said your from MN right? When you get back I want to see it!!

aight man...PM me with some contact info and we'll peep cars. when i get back to my base in Oklahoma im heading straight up with my gf to drop her car off at her 'rents in IL, getting my car 15 minutes away, and then going to see my 'rents in Burnsville.

.....nice.....but like I said before, it is a shame that it isn't black...

yeah, black is nice...but then i wouldnt have the only white with factory polished wheels that i know of. no white wheels for me! plus...white is a great color when clean and a nice polish!!

hold up, the Oil drive seal doesn't leak on the 96 and 97?!

well, the guy put it this way. he said that the oil drive seal was a problem and more with the 94-95 blocks. with the GM warranty, theyd take a crapped motor out and just replace it sending the crap motor back to GM. they surveyed the problem areas. he said in '96 the problem had added attention and thats why he bought the car with the LQ1 then. he owned the dealership when he had the car basically built for him. i say built...because in '96 (maybe i posted this in the moonroof post), GM switched contracts from ASC to Westago for their OEM installs. so, he ordered the car w/out the moonroof and had the factory install an aftermarket ASC full feature moonroof for him. he said Westago roofs are crap as are their warranties. great attention to detail. so i was perusing the internet today looking for info on aftermarket moonroofs and i came across a page that talks about Wastego and ASC. i :D none-the-less. it states in the paragraph if you read, that many wonder about the quality of Westago. heres the link:

http://www.grandprix.net/faq/

...its the last Q/A in the "Before I Buy a Grand Prix" section

congrats man!! Mundelein is kinda where i live. Around this area. Hey heza where do you live? congrats on that beautiful car, 5600 is a deal for that! if i were to sell it not on ebay, id ask like 6500 for it.

congrats man!! Mundelein is kinda where i live. Around this area. Hey heza where do you live? congrats on that beautiful car, 5600 is a deal for that! if i were to sell it not on ebay, id ask like 6500 for it.

im from Minneapolis and im stationed in Oklahoma City. i am nowhere near Mundelein. my girlfriend, however, is from Waukegan (spelling?).

as for pics...im sure ill have lots of pics when i get home and wax her!