Special Order Monte Carlo LS?

Euro

Im just curious cause ive never seen one like this. My friends got a 96-97 Monte Carlo LS, but its got the 3.4 and the factory dual exhaust. Hes also got the nascar style spoiler, the one that sticks up a bit farther than the others. Its got LS badges on it, i was just confused on what it really is. I havent asked him, he wouldnt know.

Usually if it's got a 3.4 They Call it the Z34. My neighbor down the hall in our building owns one. We both pity eachother lol. The LS trim was loaded with leather? Need to ask my uncle on that one he's a dealer

I've seen loaded LS's, but never with a 3.4. Does the hood have that stupid chrome strip on the lip of it? Ya should run the VIN and see if it comes back as an LS or a Z34. One can always swap badges.. don't know why, but its possible :roll:

The Monte LS never came with a 3.4 DOHC or dual exhaust from the factory.

Its possible its a swap though more possible someone changed badges. Checking the VIN is a for sure way.

Also all LS's had chrome trim around the sides and on the hood and the lower airdam on the front bumper is swept back on an LS where as the Z34 comes foward to a lip. Those are a few tell tale signs.

Z34s also had options for leather, moon roof, power seats ect however you see those options more often on the LS trim than the Z34s

The new LS's come with the 3400 SFI while the 95-99's got 3100s

Actually im not totally sure if its a 3.4 I just saw the factory dual exhaust that all Z34s and LTZs have.

Ohhhhhh... I misunderstood. Yeah I've seen factory dual exhaust on those with the 3.1.

Actually im not totally sure if its a 3.4 I just saw the factory dual exhaust that all Z34s and LTZs have.

Ohhhhhh... I misunderstood. Yeah I've seen factory dual exhaust on those with the 3.1.

Ive never seen factory duals on a 3.1 myself though it would not surprise me if it was a dealer option. Dealers will do a lot of stuff to make a sale sometimes.

I havent looked at it up close yet, Ill keep those things in mind when i do. I dont think he would change the badges, hes not really into cars. Him i think its just a car that gets him places. Ill look next time i see it

I havent looked at it up close yet, Ill keep those things in mind when i do. I dont think he would change the badges, hes not really into cars. Him i think its just a car that gets him places. Ill look next time i see it

i have seen a ls with duals driving around.. can't tell if it was a X motor or not. you can get the x motor and duals on any of the trim levels.... you can get a 95-97 lumina LS with factory duals and the 3.4L DOHC. and you can get the LTZ in the same year and same options.. i don't know if the LS got the good suspension tho....

they are very few and far between but they are out there.

shane

i have seen a ls with duals driving around.. can't tell if it was a X motor or not. you can get the x motor and duals on any of the trim levels.... you can get a 95-97 lumina LS with factory duals and the 3.4L DOHC. and you can get the LTZ in the same year and same options.. i don't know if the LS got the good suspension tho....

they are very few and far between but they are out there.

shane

For the Lumina this is true, you could throw any engine they had (3.4 till 97 and the 3.8 98-99 or the 3.1 95-99) however on the Monte there were no such options that I am aware of.

Ive never seen factory duals on a 3.1 myself though it would not surprise me if it was a dealer option. Dealers will do a lot of stuff to make a sale sometimes.

I've seen factory duals on 3.1/3100's on Cutlass Supremes. As for Monte Carlos, I've only seen duals on Z34 models.

I could have told you all that is wasn't a Z34! 1995-'97 MC Z34's have 3.4 DOHC ('98-'99 have 3800 SFI) and stock dual exhaust while, the 1995-'99 LS's have 3100 SFI and single exhaust. Although I do have to say that the 1998-'99 Lumina LTZ's are the shit! It's just like a Monte Carlo but with 4 doors!! Yesterday I was very fortunate to see TWO while I was coming home from work, and road by one on the highway!! :wink: That was tight; just imagine my red Z34 in one lane and and a blue LTZ in the other.... :D

hey Z31....hehe, I like that! How did you come up with that?

So you got the rims, sunroof, and a spoiler...is that the Brickyard spoiler (the one that flairs up) or that 3-part flat one, I cannot tell?

Not a bad looker though, now all you need is the DOHC motor! LOL

hey Z31....hehe, I like that! How did you come up with that?

So you got the rims, sunroof, and a spoiler...is that the Brickyard spoiler (the one that flairs up) or that 3-part flat, one I cannot tell?

Not a bad looker though, now all you need is the DOHC motor! LOL

...and the grill