Firewall

SmoothSteve3

Does any body know a good location on a 1990 lumina to get through the firewall? I'm doing some custom wiring, and i need to get from the cabin to uner the hood. Thanks!

SmoothSteve

To wire my sub in on my 1991 Lumina I went through the driver fender to the driver door and went in through the rubber wire channel that connects the body to the door. To continue to the trunk I used the wire channel under the moulding.

Theres a grommet to the lower left of the drivers side strut tower. Just pop it out and drop the wires down and pop off the lower dash panels near the pedals and find the wire. If you have big hands your going to get scraped up but it makes for a nice clean install.

To wire my sub in on my 1991 Lumina I went through the driver fender to the driver door and went in through the rubber wire channel that connects the body to the door. To continue to the trunk I used the wire channel under the moulding.

Thats exactly what i did!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that sounds ghetto-fabulous! :lol:

I used the same clutch pedal grommet that Monty used.

that was one of the best bits of info i got from gmforums. forget the guys name that hooked me up with that info. he was from NE and had a site that come up at the top of the search engines when looking for w-body car audio. now he owns something other than a W.

and ya know what?

it was easy as pie to run the wire through that grommet. not to mention safe and clean lookin too.

Monty