scoobydoo73

Any of you tech experts out there, I need some opinions. I have a 93 lumina/3.1. Out driving today and one of the spark plugs shoots out of the cylinder head. Got it heli-coiled but now car only starts for about two seconds before stalling out again. I am looking in the direction of spark plug wires and coil packs but would like some other opinions.

Yea ive done that, were u just driving or did u get on it? mine went out while i was in ohio gettin gas, shut the car, filler it up, started it and BOOM, out came the plug. The plug hole has been stripped before i got the car, drove it wrigged in there for 22k miles and 3 full tuneups.

-Jeff

It took the threads and all. I already got that heli-coiled though. So apparently whatever happened to make the spark plug fly is a bigger problem since I can't drive the car now. I am going to get some new spark plug wires but am wondering if it could be something like the ignition controller. Coil packs are only like 6 months old. It happened when I first started the car.