coolant light

hoodilio

The past 2 days its been really freekin cold, like in the single digits, and ive noticed that within the first 5 mins of running the car the low coolant light has come on. Its happened twice, I am not low on coolant in the raidiator, cause i checked it, but I dont know if its low in the resivoir since its too stained to see in it. So I donno if the cold will effect the low coolent light and its sensor, or if I might need to add coolant into the resivior.

the volume of liquid expands and contracts in differnet temps...what was enough to fill your radiator in the summer gets lower in the winter...making the light come on...all that's happening is the antifreeze is heating up and filling the radiator causing the light to shut off...just add a some antifreeze to your overflow and you'll be fine

sounds good, thanx man. One more thing, kinda off topic, but, I changes my oil last weekend, went from Royal Purple 10W30 to Mobil1 10W30, and changed my filter to the longer style used on the 3.4DOHC (I got the 3100 and some of you guys recomended using the longer filter in a thread a few weeks ago). But anyway, I noticed that my engine seems to get slightly hotter, like a little over 200 at idle, were as before it would just go to 200. I got the Hypertech 180 thermostat too. So I donno if im frettin over nuthin, or if the longer filter would cause the temp to be a little different, I know that sounds dumb, but who knows.