Front brake upgrade

Mint Euro92

Yeah I did ... Mixed Reviews :? , it said it will take 500 miles to break-in so I went easy on them, but they did stop OK ... old pads were about shot so it's good I replaced them anyway. How long did yours take to break-in , or did you ? I didn't won't warp the rotors by getting them to hot to fast ... I torqued the bolts to 100 lbs like the book said -- :shock:

How did yours do right after the install?

I still dont have 500 miles on mine but the old pads were the el cheapos from the last brake job the previous owner ;my grandmother ; had gotten done about 5 years ago. So it was a vast improvement for my car . Also my rears are complete as well. BTW I didnt wait to try them out :fully: I stood on them hard enough to activate the ABS a few times I could see tire marks from braking but no skiddding

well I drove it today and they are much better :D on my way home at lunch I hit them hard and it stopped real short and everything in the passenger seat went into the floor :shock: real fast ... lol ,

I'm sure when I get the rears on they will be even better :!: and less pedal pressure is required .....

So I modify my first impressions :oops: they're MUCH better than the old ones ...

Mark

Well I replaced the rear brakes today of course BOTH calipers we frozen solid :x so I had to replace them too, so I got air in the lines now. I didn't have any help to bleed them so I'm going to Firestone in the AM to get it flushed out with new fluid, so hopefully I will be set :D

I was too freakin' tired to take any pics , already had the last tire on when I remembered .... so I just said :? what ever ...

total so far...

Rotors --- 4 / $194.79

Pads/F -- $68.00

Pads/R -- $40.00

calipers x2 $196.73

brake cleaner $10.00

_________

sub total- $509.52

core refund - $100.00

$409.52 :!:

Well I replaced the rear brakes today of course BOTH calipers we frozen solid :x so I had to replace them too, so I got air in the lines now. I didn't have any help to bleed them so I'm going to Firestone in the AM to get it flushed out with new fluid, so hopefully I will be set :D

I was too freakin' tired to take any pics , already had the last tire on when I remembered .... so I just said :? what ever ...

total so far...

Rotors --- 4 / $194.79

Pads/F -- $68.00

Pads/R -- $40.00

calipers x2 $196.73

brake cleaner $10.00

_________

sub total- $509.52

core refund - $100.00

$409.52 :!:

:D I figured ahead of time that my rear calipers were gone so I replaced them anyway My total was $367.00 For all new brakes except front calipers. Thats very reasonable. :D

You guys think those rotors will work on my 94 cutty? I think they should, maybe not though.

I really don't know there's not any listed for the Cutty , which is stupid in my opinion you could check with the manufacturer http://www.roto-tech.com/rotobr2.html the cutlass and the malibu have the same part# RT5040 check out there website . I don't know who sells them you can searce the web.

Mark