Front brake upgrade

Mint Euro92

wow, I like, mabye Ill get some. Did u paint ur calipers black at one time, mine look rustier then that, hmm.
No I didnt paint the calipers but this vehicle never saw snow or ice or salted roads & was garage kept until last june, And its in South Florida now . It has only 50k on the clock & I only use it as my 3rd vehicle so it doesnt get much use . The rotors are from JCWhitney & the pads I bought at PEP boys

The rotors are from JCWhitney & the pads I bought at PEP boys

Do you happen to have a part number and price for those? :shock: I need front rotors BAD and may as well get something like that. I have a feeling it will wined up costing the same as solid ones.

Guest TurboSedan

very nice :) i have a set of '96 CS front strut/knuckles in my trunk waiting to go in, but i still need to get some rotors and pads, struts, along with new balljoints and tierod ends. i've done the '94+ rear brake upgrade, but didn't feel much of an improvement over the way it was.

joshua

I got a silly question, but on the JC link, do you need all four of those products, like y is their 4 different part number, and not just 2, are the slots in the opposite direction on different sides of the car?

I got a silly question, but on the JC link, do you need all four of those products, like y is their 4 different part number, and not just 2, are the slots in the opposite direction on different sides of the car?
Yes the rotors are "directional "meaning there is a right and a left side \\\\\/////

Yes the rotors are "directional "meaning there is a right and a left side \\\\\/////

So order all 4 parts right ?

oh and those are Raybestos BruteStop pads too ?

Well I orderded them just now ... $194.79 :D

going to pepboys.com to see how much the pads are

Your gonna love them they stop the car excellent. The pads were like $ 54.00

Your gonna love them they stop the car excellent. The pads were like $ 54.00

Do you have them on all fours? PepBoys has them for $59 front and $69 rear ...

:shock: btw Quote-a-rama .......

On the rear I used the pads the "loaded" calipers came with. Only used the brutestops on the front :)

Ok I was wondering .. I saw some Bendix TitaniuMetallic pads that are nice and $38 bucks. I'll get the brutestop for the front only ....

Mark

On the rear I used the pads the "loaded" calipers came with. Only used the brutestops on the front :)

Ok I was wondering .. I saw some Bendix TitaniuMetallic pads that are nice and $38 bucks. I'll get the brutestop for the front only ....

Mark

Sounds like a plan man :cheers:

:? WellI called JC Whitney about my rotors and guess what? back orded till Feb. 12th .... :!: Oh well --- maybe it will warm up some by then.

Mark

Yeah they told me the same thingabout the rear rotors but I got them in a week any way . They didnt have them in stock at JC but the manufacturer sent them direct

Kewl --I'm getting the Front & Rear pads tomorrow after work so I'll have them in case the pop-in :D , but there calling for Ice,Freezing Rain this weekend :shock: , we never get snow ....

Have a Good 1 :peace:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here's one

Before -- Picture%20043CD.jpg

After-- Picture%20045CD.jpg

forgot to resize :shock: .. hope it's ok ..

Got the rears today gonna be a couple of day before I get them on, bad weather coming for the weekend :?

Mark

Yeah I did ... Mixed Reviews :? , it said it will take 500 miles to break-in so I went easy on them, but they did stop OK ... old pads were about shot so it's good I replaced them anyway. How long did yours take to break-in , or did you ? I didn't won't warp the rotors by getting them to hot to fast ... I torqued the bolts to 100 lbs like the book said -- :shock:

How did yours do right after the install?