Olds Cutty 3.4 getrag found and bought (almost)!!!!!!!!

BurneroftheRice

Hi everybody.

As you know i have my Z and love it but have been searching for an elusive 5-speed 3.4. On thursday i found an add for a olds cutty 2 door with a twincam v6 and a five speed listed in the local adds :yikes: . It is also a 92. It is for $2800 and has 128,000 miles on it. A friend of mine went down to look at it and said the paint is impeccable with no scratches or rust. It is white with a half carriage roof :shock: this is something i expect to see on grand marques and buicks (no offense). It is a black velvit top, untorn. On the inside it is blue with cloth interior. It deffinitely is a 5 speed i have seen both the clutch and shifter. I am sooooo excited i am going down tomorrow to see it in person. This will be my first standard car and i hope to be a fast learner. Im gonna tryand post pics once i sit down and figger out how to. Also it has a sunroof and rims...uh..not the 5 star and not the pin wheels, you cutty guys know what im talking about.

this would be my second olds. my first car was a 86 olds cutlass calais without the quad 4.

Hopefully i can get a loan ! :read:

Does anybody know about the production numbers on this year? any info would be appreciated. Thanks everybody!! :mrgreen:

with a twincam v6

Better ask if they'll throw in the other two cams.... :D

Seriously, awesome find, 92, so it has the mini-quad headlights, jeez that has got to be a rare car. The rims must be the same as the ones in my sig? If so I guess the "correct" name for them would probably be pace car rims, I think that's what most people call them. Can't wait to see pics, that white car/black top/blue interior thing just isn't meshing well in the pic I'm forming in my head, but it might look right.

not to jack your thread but i found a 91 Cutlass Intl in a local yard, it had the 3.4 with the 5 speed (284) trans. I pulled the ECM, Harness and the Getrag out.

It had the same rims that were on Justin's car. All four of them, and they were in great shape. I can still get them, are they rare... or common.

So was this car "rare", if so, what can i pull off it that is worth any $$$, BTW.. the motor was toast.... oil everywhere.

Rob

** oh yea, it was black with grey leather, i loved the bucket seats in the back, neat.

not to jack your thread but i found a 91 Cutlass Intl in a local yard, it had the 3.4 with the 5 speed (284) trans. I pulled the ECM, Harness and the Getrag out.

It had the same rims that were on Justin's car. All four of them, and they were in great shape. I can still get them, are they rare... or common.

So was this car "rare", if so, what can i pull off it that is worth any $$$, BTW.. the motor was toast.... oil everywhere.

Rob

** oh yea, it was black with grey leather, i loved the bucket seats in the back, neat.

TeeJay3800 wants those rims. Maybe you could PM him and see if he wants you to snag them.

We are going down to drive the cutty today. What should we check for especially? How should the clutch feel? Its all white with a black or navy carriage roof top, it has blue interior.

Thanks

A 3.4 in an Olds is rare, a 5spd is very very rare.

I got my 284 out of a '91 Supreme...it was red with a gray interior. I couldn't tell how many miles where on it as that cluster was the fully digital one. After I got the 284 out of it I went back for the powermaster III that was in it, but someone else beat me to it!!! :evil:

i killed a 91 for the motor

take 8mm and 10mm sockets and pull the timing belt cover to check for a worn belt/lots of hair stuck to the cover. if there is, use it as a bargaining tool cause to have a belt replaced is not cheap(if you don't care to do it yourself)

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl: \

Sorry guys i dont think im gonna get the cutty. moms being a major bitch about me getting a new car and i just cant take it any more. my car has been AWOL for a week and shes really getting on my nerves.

if anyone wants the cutty its in Bridgetown Ct. its a smaller dealer whos asking $2800 for it. it has 128,00 miles. ill try to get up a pic, if anyone wants to host one PM me. the paint seeems impeccable and its a very odd site to see.

:bawl: :bawl:

Hmm, that's rather fugly. I saw a 4 door CS at a party last night with a dohc, and it also had the 5 spoke alloys. This was a Cutlass Supreme S, not the top of the line. Was the S model available with the 3.4 and the nice 16" rims? Man, that landau roof is......just not right on newer vehicles.

Yeah the roof is little...old lady-ish. But i am sure u could do something about it! Seeing as how that 5 speed is pretty damn rare, i would take it even with the roof being like that.

Yeah the roof is little...old lady-ish. But i am sure u could do something about it! Seeing as how that 5 speed is pretty damn rare, i would take it even with the roof being like that.

That is what he was thinking, but his mom has this thing about if a car is more than 4 years old, its a piece of junk. They had a huge argument about it this morning, wasn't pretty. :bawl:

If I could buy it for him I would, he REALLY wanted that car.

hey i saw one of those the other day in a local junkyard, prolly a 92. solid white with red interior, saw the 3.4 dohc badge on it, went up to it to check it out and saw the damn 5spd stick in it, I was like damn, i have no idea what shape the motor or trans is in, looks like just needs 1k to get it fixed and running again, damn that would be badass to have that tranny in my cutty, i was lookin' for a temp control knob, which the closest i found was in a lumina that i yanked.

I need the shifter boot for a cutlass if its in good shape. Kinda strange to hear about all these cutlass DOHC 5 speeds since I hadn't ever heard of another 91 till lately, and now 92s.

I work with a guy who has a 92. it's a 4 door though. We always joke about giving each other like 20 bucks for the other's car. He likes my coupe and of course I like his 5 speed.

Wow, that top is fugly indeed. Looks like somebody missed the old G-body look.

What's even more interesting, is this car doesn't even have the SL cladding/ground effects like every other 3.4 Cutlass coupe does.