other turbos??

zmods

Im sorry if this has been posted a billon times but Im new to the site and as always have newbie questions. I did a breif search and couldnt come up with a clear answer. What turbos will bolt up to the TGP crossover without changing the flange?Thank you.

Guest TurboSedan

any T2 'series' turbo (not T3, T4 etc.), so basically any T25 or T28 will have the T2 flange. at least that's my understanding - can anyone confirm that for me?

atpturbo.com has a GT28RS turbo (ball bearing) that looks pretty nice but i have never really looked into it seriously (yet).

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-004&Category_Code=GRT

joshua

for that kinda $, u could get a used rebuilt t3 turbo, new flange, bigger injectors, bigger intercooler and a 75 shot and still have $ to spare.

-Jeff

Yeah, you're right that the Disco Potato(GT28RS) is kinda expensive, but it's up to date technology. Not outdated technology from the '70s like the standard T3s. :P

I've looked at what would be a good direct replacement for our T-25, and the Disco Potato is the best choice. I've seen the turbo in a couple turbo mags on some SR20DETs. The U13 SR20DET uses a T-25 with almost the exact same A/Rs that we have, and the SR20 guys love the DP for it's quick spool, high boost capabilities(high teens efficiently), and it great topend pull(from it being a BB unit). I plan on getting a DP when my budget allows as I'm trying to save for a house(we have over $6000 saved already but we want to have more saved). Anyways, it seems like a lot for such a little thing, but bigger is not always better. :D :P

atpturbo.com has a GT28RS turbo (ball bearing) that looks pretty nice but i have never really looked into it seriously (yet).

quote] Im not to worried about the price ($1200) but for that price it should make a world of difference.I dont think this is an option for me but Im curious if it will still fit the flange (I assume it will being a T2 series).Does the T28 spool faster and is it cappable of making more power than the T25?

I had talked to a few turbo shops when I was looking for a replacement turbo for my 87 Sunbird GT. Anytime you spoke about dual ball bearing turbos the price would rise $400-$500 as soon as you mentioned ball bearings... 8)

zmods wrote:

Does the T28 spool faster and is it cappable of making more power than the T25?

The t28 is a t3 in a t25 housing... spool faster, NO... but it does spool fairly quick

• 1 month later...

i haev the t28 with the super 60 compressor wheel and the gt28 turbine wheel and the power increase over stock t25 is unbelievable i have the topgun 160 and when i step on it it spins the tires, i got the chip with the stock t25 and was impressed in the way it pulled but when i got the t28 i was floored! and the t28 is a perfect external amtch for the stocker it was a matter of pull it out and put in the new one......i got it at turbochargers.com BTW...and i talked to tommy about it he said the BBgt28 is very nice but has to be customw fit for our cars because hte BB make it shaped diff or something..he said the exhaust flange is diff

hope my 2 cents helped!

i haev the t28 with the super 60 compressor wheel and the gt28 turbine wheel and the power increase over stock t25 is unbelievable i have the topgun 160 and when i step on it it spins the tires, i got the chip with the stock t25 and was impressed in the way it pulled but when i got the t28 i was floored! and the t28 is a perfect external amtch for the stocker it was a matter of pull it out and put in the new one......i got it at turbochargers.com BTW...and i talked to tommy about it he said the BBgt28 is very nice but has to be customw fit for our cars because hte BB make it shaped diff or something..he said the exhaust flange is diff

hope my 2 cents helped!

Any pics??? How much did it cost you all together??? Wanna send me a link to the actual turbo u got? Or if you could give me a part number, that would work....so the T-28 works fine with your top gun chip??? I always thought people were saying it would take a new chip in order for the T-28 to perform correctly? :?

the total cost for the entire package was 850 shipped....there is no part number because he replaced the exhaust side and intenals but kept the intake housin......so each turbo has a slightly different part number callhim up and tell him what ya have and what ya want and he can get u a quote.......he says it costs 750 if all he does is make it bigger but i had to replace stuff so it cost me more and took me more time so ya should call him before ya do dnaything

turbocharges.com

thats the site

my turbo looks stock

and works INCREDIBLE with my topgun chip