How Do These Wheels Look? (Lots Of Pictures)

bluegp

I was just throwing around some ideas about some different wheels for the Lumina and "PhotoShopped" some (using MS Paint; the car was also lowered in the pic). I now have the base 15" with hubcaps. I'd like to go with 16" wheels if I could get them cheap enough. A few of the ones pictured below could probably be had for under $150/set. All the ones pictured have the correct bolt pattern. The gen 1 & 1.5 W-Body wheels would have the correct offset. As for the gen 2 ones, I've heard they may need a spacer. I'm not 100% sure if the others would have a useable offset.

Here's 15" wheels:

94 - 96 Lumina APV 15x6 (too bad there not 16" like on the Beretta)

f9eedcca.jpg

97 - 03 Montana 15x6 (again, too bad they're not 16"; I like how these wheels look)

f9eedcd8.jpg

02 - 03 Malibu 15x6

f9eedce7.jpg

Here's 16" wheels:

95 - 99 Lumina & Monte Carlo 16x6.5 (In white - I like a lot)

f9eedce9.jpg

98 - 99 Lumina & Monte Carlo 16x6.5

f9eedccf.jpg

94 - 96 Grand Prix 16x7 (White ones)

f9eedccc.jpg

93 - 97 Cutlass 16x6.5

f9eedcd1.jpg

91 - 96 Grand Prix & 93 - 99 Bonneville 16x7

f9eedcd6.jpg

90 - 94 Lumina 16x6.5 (Actually, I think they look good on this car)

f9eedcda.jpg

97 - 00 Grand Prix 16x6.5

f9eedcdd.jpg

89 - 93 Cutlass 16x6.5

f9eedcdf.jpg

96 - 99 Bonneville 16x7

f9eedce4.jpg

01 - 04 Venture 16x6.5

f9eedced.jpg

00 - 04 Monte Carlo 16x6.5 (Expensive; probably won't fit. Nice wheels though)

f9eedcf0.jpg

99 - 01 Grand Am 16x6.5

f9eedccb.jpg

97 - 99 Catera 16x7 (Probably expensive)

f9eedcd2.jpg

00 - 01 Catera 16x7 (Again, expensive; good looking wheels though)

f9eedcf3.jpg

nice I personally like the Lumina and Monte Carlo wheels. I m gonna get either of those for my 94 Euro. The white GP rims are badass.

You said you did that in MS Paint? how?

Guest TurboSedan

i LOVE crosslace wheels, both of my cars have crosslace wheels. there are 3 :? 16x8 GTP crosslace wheels that are white and $20/each at a tire place here in town. i've always thought they would look great on a white TSTE, but white crosslace wheels would be awesome on that car too IMO.

joshua

....aren't Catera rims 5x100?

No, actually see below

MODEL YEAR OE SIZE BOLT LUG NUT CB ET

CATERA 96-on 16 X 6.5 5X110 12mmX1.5 65.1 H

Interestingly there are a few 5x115 Caddies .... among them the Allante?? The highline 2 door sport coupe in the late 80's early 90's .....

Thanks for all of the replies - this board is the best!

...aren't Catera rims 5x100?

I double checked; you are correct. The one website I originally was looking at said they were 5X115.

You said you did that in MS Paint? how?

Starting with the original pic, I lowered it by making a copy with everything below the body erased including the wheels. I took that copy and pasted it over the original at a lower position. I found other car pictures for their wheels that were photographed from roughly the same angle. A few had to be flipped because the pics were from different sides. All of the pics for the wheels had to be resized. I measured by pixel & compared the wheels' diameters in the original picture & wheel pictures - that gave me the scale to resize the wheel picture. From there, it's just cut & paste the wheels to the original pic. Sometimes, the colors looked off. That was a pain to adjust and sometimes just didn't work. For that, I used MS Picture It (don't know where I got it; it may have come with the computer). I would imagine that would be easier to fix with PhotoShop. One of these years, I'll break down & get the cheaper version of PhotoShop. Anytime I see good pictures of cars I'm interested in, I save them. It provides a lot of material to use for doing things like this. Most of the pics come from eBay Motors and some from CarDomain or individual sites. (I just checked my "My Pictures" folder - there's almost 4000 files there!)