92 Z34 tach problem

5speedz34

Well, when I turn my car off in my '92 Z34, the needle always takes awhile to come down. Sometimes longer than other, but as soon as I turn the key back over it goes right back down. Does ne one else have this problem?

-Tony

mine always goes right down to 0 in my 93z, but in my old cutlass ciera (a-body) it never went all the way down with the car off it always hung out around 1000 and as soon as i turned the key it would go back down. i'd sugest replaceing the tach itself. however depending on where you are at (coldnes wise) it may be the cold messing with the gauges.

Well, when I turn my car off in my '92 Z34, the needle always takes awhile to come down. Sometimes longer than other, but as soon as I turn the key back over it goes right back down. Does ne one else have this problem?

-Tony

why is that a problem.....have you ever driven any other cars with a tach?????

It's not a problem just wondering if ne other z34 owners have noticed that, mine does it year round. And yes I've driven a car with a tach and neither of my friends Z34's do that.