Wet Plugs?

jheiv

My car didnt start today, so I pulled the front three plugs. All of them were wet with fuel and covered with black soot. What would cause black plugs? More importantly though... what would cause WET plugs? Thanks

Shawn - I get spark -- I drive the car -- its just sometimes when I will come back out to it I have wet plugs and no start. I carry around a ratchet and 3 plugs that I replace when this happens. I just clean the wet pair after I get home and put them back until next time I come out and they're wet. BTW-- i just replaced CPS and DIS mod.

Does it only have trouble starting when hot(after being driven)?..sounds like you may have a fuel pressure regulator that is bad..if fuel is in the vacuum line, it needs replacing..I would check right at the FPR, just pull the brittle/plastic vac line off(probably going to have to pull the plenum..even if you could get to it without removing the plenum, you would probably break those plastic lines. :wink:

sounds like stuck open injecters to me

i could be way off here?

That is possible too. The way to test for this is to put a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail, start the car and check fuel pressure (should be 35-45psi I think). Then shut off the car and watch the rate that the pressure bleeds down. A little leakage is normal... I'd have to look up what the acceptable rate is.