Turbo > Regular 3.1

digitaloutsider

This has probably been asked so many times, but I'm in need of a quick answer. If possible, what would it take to add the turbo from a TGP to a regular 3.1? And would this be easier than just dropping in the whole TGP engine? Thanks guys.

you might have a hard time finding parts..............

you need

Turbo

Crossover

Rad

Intercooler Piping

Turbo Chip ECM

Tranny Mods to handle power increase

Small little Parts to make it work right

Not to mention the internal differences, like lower compression, harder crank, bigger injectors, and the supposed forged rods.

I say find a TGP parts Car.......and you have everything you need

Me too. That's what I did to get a motor for the for the AWD Turbo project. Kept the motor, wiring, and computer, and sold the rest off, though now I wish I didn't since I have 2 actual turbos for keeps. :(

Guest TurboSedan

i started buying everything seperately then i found a Turbo STE in the salvage yard and i bought the motor, radiator, intercooler, wiring, exhaust and everything from that car. so right now i have LOTS of extra parts; 2 TGP turbos, 2 radiators, 2 sets of fans, 3 intercoolers, 2 sets of intercooler piping, 2 crossovers, blah blah blah.

definately try to find a complete TGP engine if you can, it'll be much easier that way. the trouble is just *finding* one, ecspecially finding one locally.

joshua