Made up my mind on the car thing

94SLSDOHCUTT94

I've finally made up my mind on what I'm going to do about getting a new car. I've decided to keep the Cutt instead of selling it, because I only paid $1200 for it, and that was 3 years ago. I dont need to sell it to get a new one, because the car I found was a 1995 Cadillac Eldorado fully loaded with heated leather seats and a moonroof, with the 275/300 northstar 4.6L V8 with 83,000 miles and get this, it's sitting on factory 18's. The book value on this car nears close to $8000 and I found this one for $5100, clean carfax report showing only one owner, and an immaculate pearl white paintjob. This is one classy looking car. I havent driven it yet so I dont know how it goes down the road but I'm assuming everything is A-OK.

Alright, dont get me wrong I love my Cutt and the 3.4 in it(yes.....I love the 3.4)but I just need an upgrade, on the luxury side and the power side. This 4200lb+ car pulls 0-60 in 7.5 seconds, that's one upgrade I dont think I can pass up for the price.

I want a Caddy ElDorado... :(

It seems like the boss version of the Monte/Lumina 3.4

Think of it, a square-ish 2 door car with a FWD DOHC for a motor

how can it not be better? Leather Heated Seats, 270-290hp V8

the only thing its missing is a 5-speed and thats a null spot in a caddy.

Nice choice when I was car shopping a couple months ago I was looking for a 4.6 Eldorado or Seville, a 4th gen F-body or antother Lt1 Caprice. I was also going to sell my Cutty but know I wont get my moneys worth and its much better in the snow then my Firebird. So atleast for now I have 2 cars if I can get $2000 :lol: for my Cutty then I'll consider selling it.

You may want to reconsider the Caddy. The struts on those cars are notorious for wearing out around 100k miles and if it has the active suspension, which it will if its an ETC, the struts alone are $750 a piece, and they CANNOT be swapped out with traditional passive struts. You'll also want to check for the typical 4.6 oil leak, and when the last time the water pump was changed (its a real bitch, no room and it requires a special tool). Aside from that the only other common issue I know about is the vehicle speed sensor which is inside the transmission and likes to break around the 100k interval. Too bad GMF isn't still up and running, it was a terrific resource for Caddy's.

I'll take your word for it just because I had never heard of them before and while I was looking I saw at least 4 98+ eldo's advertising "vogue rims" so I took their word for it.

I've never really paid much attention to caddies before just because I thought anything decent was out of my price range, but now once I started looking I realized they are some bad ass caddies out there with low miles and tons of one-owners for practically nothing. $40,000 caddies 8 years ago are now selling for $5-6K. The depreciation on these cars seems to be more than average to me? anything know why or heard anything like this before?

$40,000 caddies 8 years ago are now selling for $5-6K. The depreciation on these cars seems to be more than average to me? anything know why or heard anything like this before?

That's pretty normal depreciation for an American car. American cars don't hold their value worth crap. 94-96 Impala SS being the exception to the rule.

I would never buy an American car brand new, because just wait a year or two and you can buy the same car for half off!