CAR WONT START!!!

jheiv

3.1L Turbocharged V6:

Relatively new plugs and wires (within three months)

Brand new crank sensor and DIS/Ignition Module

My car has been makin me REAL mad recently. Heres the problem right now, go out to start my car two weeks ago. No go... crank... crank... no start. Replaced the DIS Module, Crank Sensor. I then cleaned the plugs and got the engine started. Finally. Drive it for about... a week... go out one morning to start it and crank... crank... crank... no start. Luckily I had time, and my ratchets in my trunk, took out my plugs, cleaned them, regapped them, put them back in and it starts after blowing some harsh BLACK smoke. Drive for about... a day. Went out tonight crank... crank... crank... no start. I didn't have my ratchets tonight so I'll clean my plugs and retry it tomorrow. But heres the thing, my plugs are wet when I take them out, and covered with black suit. I also have a rough idle at stop after my car is warmed up. And sometimes it will stall even after an idle relearn. Any ideas? PLEASE HELP... I can't clean my plugs every day.

EDIT: I think the engine might be flooded when I go out to try it again. I have adequate fuel pressure and I positively have a good spark. I tested my FPR like a month ago and if i recall it held a vacuum, but I'll check it again thanks.

You might have a bad fuel rail or a leak in it. My sisters Jetta had the same conditions as your car, couldnt figure it out. Cylinders filled with gas, got it out, put in new plugs, started fine. Possibly leaky fuel rail, so the mechanic said, they did somethign else too but i dont remember. Could be something diff hope this helps.

pull the vacume line off the fuel pressure regulator, and see if there is any gas in it. If there is its bad. Also check the injectors with a ohm meter they should be between 12 and 13 or 14 ohms. 3.1's have a reptutation for the injectors going bad. Also check your spark with a spark tester. Make sure its even and white hot.

I pulled my plugs today, cleaned them and put them back in. I got a new problem now. I drove it home and for the first time, I had trouble accelerating. It was really bogged down. I had the SES light on all the way home. I pulled the codes and pulled a 13-- defective O2 sensor. Is it possible the ECM was making up for a defective O2 sensor, or one on its way out and giving false readings, by adding too much fuel? It's weird cause the other code I get is the one for lean exhaust. and i KNOW that it is definately not lean with all the black smoke coming out. does this sound right?

Change your O2, and clear your codes see what happens. With lean exhaust, before your O2, it could be the ecm knowing its going out, or you just may have a vacuum leak. Start with the O2 and let us know how it goes.