97+ Wheels?

GPRACER

Has anyone here actually tried the newer wheels on an older car? I can get 97+ wheels for about 250 cdn, brand new with nuts, caps, and centers. Pretty good price for a 16 inch alum. wheel

The built in spacer in the back of the newer wheels are alot small then the ones on the back of the older ones, so the newer ones will not fit the older cars. It is very hard to find nice wheels that fit the older w-bodies, believe me, ive looks for some wheels that will fit for at least 3 years, nothing in a reasonable price range that looks good and fits. The eagle alloy 077s fit, but the 185 series did not fit (i bought some but returned them cause they hit the calipers in the front) My advice to you is get the grand prix 5-stars from like 1995, in my opinion they r the best lookin early w-body wheels. Or just stick with what you got, like i did. :D

I did put a 1999 GTP 5 star wheel on my front drivers side once. It did not hit my caliper.

The only way to find out if they will work on your car or not is to put them on and see if they rub.

If it's that the backspacing is too small, why can't you just put in a spacer? I've got some spacers on my Cougar, and they work just fine. Any good tire/wheel store should sell you spacers for around $30 a set.

EDIT: that's $30 US

Spacers are pretty cheap here usually about 10-16 bucks each depending on where you get them, aftermarket wheels usually need spacers anyways and cost more to start with,(around here anyways), I think a set of the polished silver alum. cross-lace wheels from 1997 would look ok on my car. I really need to find a set to try. I have the smaller brakes on front, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.