squeak when cold....

godofthunder

something is makiing a slight squeaking nosie when its really cold out (here...which is below 20).

After the car wamrs up, or moves arround...it goes away. Its also really loud to me, and doesnt sound like anything in the engine bay.

Lastly, it only seems to do it in the higer up RPMs, but not all the time, and not at a certain spot either...

any ideas? Im thinking its just either metal or plastic in the car moving from just being so fucking cold (for VA that is)

jon

On ALL of my W-bodies that I've owned, when it gets real cold outside, my back window rattles and sounds like its going to explode. I'd have to say that my Lumina and my 94 GP were the worst at those noises.

Aaron

Perhaps like a loud "popping" noises of sorts? I know my cutty does this when it's cold...kinda like it is tonite! :twisted:

Ya know.. mine is starting to do that.. sounds like it is coming from the windshield. I test drove a blazer a few weeks ago, had it for a few days, and I noticed the same pop/cracking noise from what sounded to be the windshield. I thought, holy shit.. I ain't buying this! Heh.. now mine is starting to do the same thing. :roll:

My new windshield has done it a few times, the loud pop. Freaks me out cause I don't want to hit up the insurance company for another windshield. Hasn't done it in a week now though.

Cold is when your velour seats are so stiff they don't sink when you sit on 'em.

no...not pops.

Hrm...if you have ever heard a car with bad ball joints...kinda like that. But very short (milliseconds), random, and a bit higher pitched!

It also happens when i hit a bump, but moreso when its cold and im going down the road (higher in the RPMs).

Lastly...ive noticed a new vibration. If i have my left foot on the floor (in the far corner...almost like my foot was on the depresed parking brake). I feel an almost shudder when I hit a bump. It also goes up through the parking brake peddal. any ideas?

jon