two awkaward problems

rudefyet

i have two little issues i've been putting off for awhile and was wondering if anyone had any ideas

1st...the radiator fan refuses to kick on until the temparature is extremely high...only a problem when idiling for a long time and it works fine when the heat or a/c is on

2nd...after replacing my water pump something happend to my cruise control...it just won't work...what should i check that could have been disconnected or whatever

i have two little issues i've been putting off for awhile and was wondering if anyone had any ideas

1st...the radiator fan refuses to kick on until the temparature is extremely high...only a problem when idiling for a long time and it works fine when the heat or a/c is on

2nd...after replacing my water pump something happend to my cruise control...it just won't work...what should i check that could have been disconnected or whatever

goto the w-body page n do the fan override and connect it to a switch n turn it on when ever you want

have you checked all fuses? When i replaced my waterpump, i really didnt have any problems cept thinking the damn thing was leaking still. Id check the fuses and vacume lines...maybe one is a little loose?

jon

Your 1st problem is your thermostat is likely stuck open same thing was goin on with mine As for the cruise could be the switch on the brake pedal has come out of adjustment causing it to cancel at all times

Your 1st problem is your thermostat is likely stuck open same thing was goin on with mine As for the cruise could be the switch on the brake pedal has come out of adjustment causing it to cancel at all times

Hey...i had that happen with the clutch pedal on a Honda Accord...but yeah i'll check all the fuses and stuff tomorrow...i need sleep right now

and if its hot out it WILL get to 2/3rd on the guage and then the fans kick it

yep exactly what mine does...fan kicks in every time though...i just wanted to see if i was the only one like this...though my friend told me his camaro did it too...doesn't worry me...it just may freak out the person who has it next...lol

My fan didn't work when I bought my car, I saw that someone put jumper wires in place of the relays (too cheap to buy new relays?), I got some relays at the wreckers and I also noticed that the fuse for the primary fan was larger amp rating so I changed and now everything works like new. I would also recommend changing the thermostat, coolant temp sensor (for the ECM), and engine temp sensor (for the gauge). What might be happening to you is either something is wrong with the primary fan thats why the temp goes up so then the secondary fan kicks in. or your gauge could be giving you a bad reading. First unplug the primary fan and connect a 12 V source to it and see if it actually works.

Check, Fan,fuse,relay,sensor, then wiring.

eek...help!!! wheres the fuse listing for he glovebox...either that or can someone find one online or just tell which fuse is for the cruise control

You have to bend down to see it, but right under the fuse is it's designated part.

Its not too likely that the cruise isn't working due to the aforementioned brake switch. I believe thats the the cruise uses the same switch as the brake lights do, so if it were broken and cancelling the cruise control at all times your brake lights would also be stuck on constantly. I'd stick with checking the fuse and if thats not it check to make sure the vacuum lines going to the cruise mechanism are connected (round or oblong black plastic ball located in front of the drivers side wheel behind/in the front fascia area.) If the lines are connected at the vacuum tank your on your own to track down where they go since I'm not sure where the cruise control servo is at.

Its not too likely that the cruise isn't working due to the aforementioned brake switch. I believe thats the the cruise uses the same switch as the brake lights do, so if it were broken and cancelling the cruise control at all times your brake lights would also be stuck on constantly. I'd stick with checking the fuse and if thats not it check to make sure the vacuum lines going to the cruise mechanism are connected (round or oblong black plastic ball located in front of the drivers side wheel behind/in the front fascia area.) If the lines are connected at the vacuum tank your on your own to track down where they go since I'm not sure where the cruise control servo is at.
2 switches been there done that

i looked it up in my repair manual...and it says that it could be caused by a bad VSS....which i know my needs replaced that might be it...otherwise there is no fuse for the cruise control in either of the two main fuse boxes...so unless they hid it somewhere...