93 z34 hesitates and feels like misfire

White93z34

withen the past 2 days my z has been acting strange around 2500 when i'm driveing it feels like it hesitates and it feels like it misfires and it acts like this up trough about 3000rpm then it smooths out. i just bought this car new years eve since my a-body got totaled. its very nice but. also i believe the thermostat is stuck open because the temp gauge never moves much at all and the heat is not as hot as it ought to be, but thats easy to fix, i think i'll pull a spark plug tommrow and see if its fowled at all. for all i know it might be crap gas i last filled up on 87. what is good gas to use on the 3.4 dohc? any help would be nice. glad i could join the board.

hey welcome to the board...my 3.1 did the same exact thing and it turned out to be some bad gas...but yeah i'd check your vacum lines and spark plug wire and make sure they're all ok just in case

thanks. hopefully once my car is finished suffering through this tank of 87 i'll throw in some 93 and all will be good again. i'm probably gona change the plugs and wires sometime soon anyhow. its so hard starting all over on a new car.

wires, plugs and bad gas will usually do that... don't spend all the $$ on 93, it won't help at all, lol, try 87 at a different gas station, or go up to 89 octane and try it... I know my Z runs better or worse depending on where I fill up

i don't think it was bad gas like i origionally thought. when it is idleing it will feel like it is missing sometimes and at that point all the lights will flicker a little bit. and if i rev it up a little bit it will smooth out and the lights will all return to normal. i'm starting to think i need new plugs and wires.

i don't think it was bad gas like i origionally thought. when it is idleing it will feel like it is missing sometimes and at that point all the lights will flicker a little bit. and if i rev it up a little bit it will smooth out and the lights will all return to normal. i'm starting to think i need new plugs and wires.

probably a bit of both... my car was idling like ass yesterday... filled it on 87 octane... put in 89 and it ran better, lol

turned out to be plug wires got it over to my friends garage tonight. started checking out stuff, yep a busted plug wire was causeing the occasional misfire at lower rpms. my z is back to its good old self. i tryed takeing it out on the highway to test it out but that was a bad idea... lots of snow i coulden't go above 35-40 but its idleing right for once. and it accelerates firm. thanks for the warm welecome here. i hope to become an active member.

I'm putting my money on spark plug wires.

Hooray for me! j/k I found out the hard way. It ran normal at other RPMs and idle so I was convinced that it wasn't spark plug wires. So I take it to a shop so I could pay them 60 bucks to tell me that.