Lowering rear of vehicle

grandprix104

Now i personally would not want to do this to my car but i got to thinking about it and it really would not be hard to do at all.

I was hanging out under my car yesterday checking my exaust and looking for O2 sensor #2 (which i dont have?!?) and i studied the mono leaf for a minute.

The easy solution (if im wrong so be it)

If you fabricated a bumpstop in the following formation |_| made from 3/8" or so steel stock and attached a 1in thick slab of rubber (old tire?) to the bottom inside of the U bracket you could then bolt/weld each side of the bracket to the pair of control arms (i hope thats what they are called) towards the center of the spring. This would apply a small amount of pressure to the leaf spring causing it to not apply as much down pressure at the wheels effectively lowering the vehicle without destroying the suspension or sacrificing ride quality. The more you want the back to drop the more rubber you add to the bumpstop. EASY! and much safer than many of the other options.

Ill see if i can make some drawings that will better illustrate my design