auto possibilities?

Marcus18

what would it involve to swap my 4t60 to a 4t60-e or 4t65-hd?

from what I can tell all I would need is a reprogrammed chip right?

off topic: is it just me or does it seem turbo+auto and supecharger+stick are the best combos?

auto keeps turbo spooled and super needs no spool at shift with a stick.

marcus

i would just get the wiring harness and ecm with the trans to do the swap

im not sure if a chip can be burnt for the E i do know that if you don't have the harness for the E just a chip wont work

the 4t60 would require (if you don't have the plug) wiring harness and maybe the ecm and vaccuum lines for the shifts (this would be easier than the E trans)

I don't think anything short of a 4T65EHD(L67 trans) would be worth the work. We have a heavy duty version of a regular 4T60 and I don't think a 4T60E would hold up. If you wanted to run a 4T65EHD you could probably run the L67 computer in piggyback with our stock computer.

I'm going for the 5 speed myself as I'm swapping in a getrag 284. I just got the clutch the other day, and I hoping to be done mid-february as I'm also doing a euro lumine turbo 3.1 swap. That I started last weekend and I'm pretty much done with it besides a few little odds and ends. I've driven it already to take it home from my friend's uncle's shop(gotta love lifts) and she runs pretty good besides the cracked x-ver that I have to fix yet.

As far as the 4T65 goes, the EASIEST way to do it, is w/ paddle shifting. Someone, (I think it was someone on here if you can search around) used switches to control the solenoids to shift the tranny. You could set buttons on the steering wheel. The only drawback is effectively you would have a manual tranny and loose all the benefits of exact same time shift points. (But you still wouldn't have to let off the gas) That is how I was going to run my 3800S2 Turbo tranny. Just put paddles on the steering wheel.

well I have my other car hooked up to switches. the 4t60-e I have is the HD version for the 3800 s/c I hear it is alittle stronger than a normal ones.

maybe I'll stick with swaping a stick.

marcus

Actually I used a PIC microcontroller, but it has been done with 2 toggle switches. With the 65e you have to worry about the pressure control solonoid which is PWM otherwise it'll feel like a 60 with the modulator vacuum hose unplugged.