Just Bought A 1995 W-Body. Any Tips/Advice?

kcac

Someone a few posts back asked about photos. I really don't have any yet - here's the one from the ad.

It is some kind of "gold" edition Cutlass, not sure what that means, probably some marketing gimmick. Part of this gold edition are the plastic "chrome" strips glued to the lower plastic molding. I'm going to remove them (they are just glued on), as well as a couple of decals of a city skyline and a wreath around the trunk lock.

95_triple_black_convertible.jpg

It is some kind of "gold" edition Cutlass, not sure what that means, probably some marketing gimmick. Part of this gold edition are the plastic "chrome" strips glued to the lower plastic molding. I'm going to remove them (they are just glued on), as well as a couple of decals of a city skyline and a wreath around the trunk lock.

Good decision! I don't care for the chrome strips, looks tacky. I think that's dealer add-on stuff.

Nice looking car, welcome aboard! In response to your question about the roll bar, it is strictly ornamental, not functional.

I also really dig my ragtop, since my kids are grown and married now, the wife and I just go cruisin' in the summer.

Now she wants to sell her Lumina Euro Sedan and find a red Cutty ragtop.

Enjoy your machine, and good luck with it.

Wow! the gold edition is extremely rare. MGM Studios custom ordered 22 of them for a new Smokey and the Banditt movie. Well, They never made the movie. They sold them after holding on to them for 3 years. Thats why they usually have low miles. They are worth alot for this reason. OK I'm only kidding, just wanted to have some fun. I agree it's some sort of dealer thing and i'm also glad you are going to remove it. Good Luck it looks awsome!!!