ThunderBat

my wife has an 87 Olds Cutlass Cruiser Wagon (the front end looks like the Cutty Ciera)...is this a W body car? it has the 2.8MPI engine...or is it a Jbody? the guy at my local tire shop says the aluminum wheels from the Lummie won't fit it...I was thinking if I got new wheels for the Lummie I could put those on the wagon and get rid of those godforsaken wire wheel covers.

is there a Wbody wagon of anykind?...I mean we like the cutty cruiser, its been a very good car so far but it has no tach or gauges of ANY kind...theres a speedo, a gas gauge and a plethora of idiot lights (not to mention I really prefer a car with a floor shifter...where god intended it to be :D )...we like to keep a wagon as our second car (her primary wheels) for all our various hauling duties. Is the guy at the tire shop right? are the wheel bolt patterns different (yes, I'm being lazy...just go outside and measure ya schmuck!) :lol: ....thanx for the info guys

The closest thing available is the dust-buster looking minivans...Pontiac Trans Sport, Olds Shilioute, and Chevy Lumina APV.

They usually share the same engines, and were made arround the same time. IIRC, mainly the reason there are no w-body wagons is b/c Minivans were hot at the time

jon

Cutlass Supreme wheels look good on Cieras atleast the wheels like Ive got. Theyre 16'. Ive seen a few Cieras around here with them. Or you could get the star wheels instead of the sawblades.

I don't remember any W's coming from factory with fake ragtop....

and, btw, rims from the Lumina APV will fit on a W... at least according to the Foose website (Prix rims are there, with all the exact same #'s as the APV :lol: )

Foose Spank 5's! woooo :lol: :D

I don't giva hoot what they call it...I get plenty of groceries (hey, ya gotta eat),prolly aint far from grandpa status,haul plenty of lumber for my woodshop (where ya gonna do that on a 2dr?...out the sunroof?) :lol: not to mention when we gotta take take stuff out to either of our girls (all you college students know) that bad boy is loaded to the headliner!...and yeah, I still want it to burn rubber for a city block!...or we can always scape goat out like all the new car companies are doing, they won't call them wagons anymore, they're "sport tourers" or Sport Touring Vehicles. if it works for them, why not us?...and if they say anything about they say anything about woodgrain side panels, I tell them" I'm touring while sportin' wood" 8) ...btw, in reference to my earlier question...will the "W" wheels fit on the "A" body car?...if not, what else is in the "A" family so I can look for wheels.

...btw, in reference to my earlier question...will the "W" wheels fit on the "A" body car?...if not, what else is in the "A" family so I can look for wheels.

Depending on your A-Body's brake package (JA1 vs. JA2) you may not have a choice.. If you have the JA2 package, then you have 115mm x5 bolt pattern, the same as W-cars.. If it's JA1, then you have 100mm x5 bolt circle.. In that case, stick with rims from cars like your sunbirds, you cavys.. Grand ams, Calais/achieva.. Have fun! 8)

Buick Regal made "the Presidential" White with lots of chrome bands and a white fake rag top.

I don't think that was factory. I've never seen it in my Regal parts catalogs.

as someone who just had to leave the a-body world, i can tell you that the a-body family consists of.....

Cutlass Ciera

Cutlass Curiser

Buick Century

Pontiac 6000

Chevy Celeberty

and as far as your gauges go lots of higher optioned cieras and crusiers had the very nice 6 gauge cluster which is a very easy swap all you will need to make sure of is that you get a cluster that corosponds your engne, L4 or V6 so the tach will read right and you will need to get a temp sending unit (about $8 ) (91-96 don't have too) and an oil psi sending unit (about $30) and set the miles correctly and go.

thanx for the info on the gauges...keep that in mind if I decide to keep the car and sink a little money into it...how can you tell the diff between the JA1 and the JA2 brake pkg?...is one 4 wheel disc?...cuz the cutty cruiser has disc/drum....and btw, the Batmobile sig is a chopped ad for OnStar...I got another one that is a lifted movie still of the 'mobile driving thru the Axis Chemicals factory fire...prolly my fave pic of my fave car!

Buick Regal made "the Presidential" White with lots of chrome bands and a white fake rag top.

I don't think that was factory. I've never seen it in my Regal parts catalogs.

I do recall seeing something like that at a dealership a few years ago.. just stuck out cause I've never heard much about them 'packages'. I've also seen a few Cutlass Supreme 'Olympic Edition' cars. Those didn't seem to have anything special besides gold trip and gold olympic badges (those 5 rings)