Power Acc box thingy going WACK

topless94style

Yea, that black box that is above the battery, where the positive cable goes to. I lost the original nut for that during the summer, so i put a new one on. Well, something has come loose and now even with this nut as tight as it can go, it wont hold the wire on there tight enough for a charge. You can barely touch from underneath the wire bringing the wire up just barely and have a good connection. As soon as you let go, no power. Anyone know how i can fix this? I got a cresent wrench holding the wire up right now that i stole from my friend since i was at his house. The bottom of the wrench is jamed between some wires and the wheel well, and the top is holding the wire up. Sturdy, but not a permanent fix.

Stack some washers in there. Any way you do it you're going to have a bad connection, lots of corrosion, but at least you'll be able to drive it. Best way would be to go to a junkyard and get the right nut. They should be the same for any W, probably lots of other GMs too.

I got the right nut, i bought it from the dealer. Spendy bastard, $7. No other nut would fit, I dont know if any of you have tried, but i tried probably 20 nuts and not one worked, so i went to the dealer. As far as electrical tape, that didnt work as well. For now, i got a zip tie holding the wire up, thats the best i can do for now, i just got my exhaust done.