Fuck Deer

MaroonRegal

Hey everyone, I miss you. I've been at my parents house and I will be for a few more days. We only have dialup so I've been avoiding the internet.

Anyway, yesterday I was going to take my girlfriend out (and then break up with her). She lives about 30 minutes away from me. 30 miles on the interstate and 10 on a two-lane highway. I got off the interstate and headed towards Louisville (her town). About a mile "south" of the interstate, a deer appeared in my headlights. I hit the brakes, but instead of that "low trac" light, the "ABS" light came on, indicating that they weren't working. I pumped the brakes and turned the wheel, hoping to go around the deer. I missed the deer.

Instead of going around the deer, I hit one of those reflectors just off the shoulder and went into the ditch. I hit one more bump before my car came to a rest. There are no bruises or marks, but my body felt very sluggish getting out of the car. To look at the car sitting still, you'd barely notice any damage at all. This seems like a good thing, but it's not. The body piece that holds the radiator is bent all to hell and even the unbent parts are almost 6" behind where they're supposed to be. Even though the radiator itself is bent up, it's not leaking, there is no coolant being lost from the system. there's a piece of the frame that is moved back about 6" from where it belongs, and it seems like the engine and transmission moved back with it. I don't know what the body shop is gonna charge yet, but I'm almost positive we'll have to claim it to the insurance.

The shitty thing is, if I had hit the deer, my comprehensive insurance would have covered it, but since I didn't collide with the deer, it goes under collision insurance, which I'm not sure I have. Don't ask me why it's only collision insurance if I don't hit the fucking deer.

That makes 3 out of our 4 vehicles that have been involved in deer-related accidents. We got my dad's Elky because it hit a deer and needed work. My parents hit a deer with my mom's car on their way to the Grand Canyon just a few months ago, and now this bullshit. Fucking deer.

Always always always hit the deer!! I've lost quite a few cars to deer.. and you'll come out better in the end if you just hit them. Sure, you MAY come out fine if you swerve.. if you loose control, you're outta luck. The insurance company is going to use your collision coverage and jack up your rates. I have had 7 comprehensive claims within the past 2 years and haven't had any problems with my insurance company.

Its a natural reaction to swerve.. I've learned to overcome the natural (panic) reactions and control things.

But yeah.. comprehensive coverage covers 'acts of God' as my policy defines.. things such as collision with animals. Collision covers, obviously, collisions with objects under your control, such as other cars, signs, buildings..... things you know are there.

Oh Deer, That really sucks. Sorry.

You ass! :P lol

I'm sorry to hear about that dude. You've got a nice lookin car! Hopefully they'll help you out and not jack up your rates too much, if at all! Good Luck! :cheers:

That really sucks. If you were closer I'd give you a subframe, I have one just sitting here...

Here's my big Fuck You to deer.

211693_8_full.jpg

hell yeah! we used to have an old 79 blazer, that thing didnt even need a grill guard, we hit a telephone pole goin like 25 or so and barely put a dent in the bumper, and it was such a rez bomb noone woulda cared if it was dented form a deer anyway

yeah deer suck, im always afraid to go really fast at night because i might hit a deer

Thanks for your support everyone, that's why this place rocks.

But yeah, it's definitely a natural reaction to not hit things...like deer. And the car would definitely have been more severely damaged had I actually hit the deer, but it's just that my insurance would have covered hitting a deer a little easier. Actually, if the reflector hadn't been there, I'd have been alright, it lifted my front wheels up a little, making it so I couldn't go back toward the road. Also, it's what bent shit all up.

Honestly, if you haven't spoken to your insurance company yet, there is still a way if you want..

??? Are you suggesting that I do go out and hit a deer? lol. If I were the kind to care that much about money, I might just be dumb enough to try that, but I'm not.

Like I said, thanks.

Thanks for your support everyone, that's why this place rocks.

Honestly, if you haven't spoken to your insurance company yet, there is still a way if you want..

??? Are you suggesting that I do go out and hit a deer? lol. If I were the kind to care that much about money, I might just be dumb enough to try that, but I'm not.

Like I said, thanks.

I can tell ya some things.. er I'm talking to you now I guess in the chat rooms.

Anyway, yesterday I was going to take my girlfriend out (and then break up with her).

why would you take her out then dump her?? don't spend another dime on the tramp :lol:

Thats sucks man

Here's my deer story:

The first day I fot my firebird me and my brother took it and the Caprice out for a little spin. We were on the backroads I was following him and it was pitch dark, next thing I know he was swerving towards the shoulder so I started slowing down (we were only going 30mph at the time) well next thing you know there is a deer standing up right at the left corner of my car and I hit the bitch. I pull over and start honking my horn to get my bro's attebtion and he backs up down the road. I went from mad too happy when I saw the damage was just alittle hole in my left front fender (there made out of fiberglass stuff) with a bunch of deer fur stuck in it. My bros car has bumper gaurds and didn't even have a scratch on it.

Needless to say my Firebird now has Deer whistles, I hope they work.

:lol: my old 1983 chevy suburban has toasted a buck before and not a small one like a 600 pound or more one cause he was able to fuck up the driver's front fender and punch a hole in the raditator and toast the grill and bumper what a dumb ass deer but hey i didn't own it at the time my aunt did :lol:

ROFT K WELL 1 TIEM I WUZ DRIVIN ROUN IN MY GRAND PREE AND DIS BIG AZZ DEER CUM OUT OF NOHWHEUR!!! I WAES LIKE SLAMMIN ON DA BRAKEZ AND SWERVIN BUT I RAEN INTO A TRUEE!!! ROFT!!! LOL !! OMG!!! LOL!!!! WELL MY GAI INSHURANCE CUMPANY TOLD MEH THAET THAE WOUNLDNT PAI FOR IET CUZ I DIDENT HIET THE DEER! WELL I TOLD DEM FUCKAZ. I DROVE TO MY INSHURANCE OFFIC AND I THREW MY SUB BOX AT DEM FUCKAZ. DEY DONT FUCK WIT ME NO MO. TRUST MEH! DEY GAV ME A PUTNIAC FIRBIRD JUZ CUZ DEY WERE SO SKUREDDDD!!!!!!11!1 LOL!!! OMG!!! ROFT!!!11!!1!~~~

ROFT K WELL 1 TIEM I WUZ DRIVIN ROUN IN MY GRAND PREE AND DIS BIG AZZ DEER CUM OUT OF NOHWHEUR!!! I WAES LIKE SLAMMIN ON DA BRAKEZ AND SWERVIN BUT I RAEN INTO A TRUEE!!! ROFT!!! LOL !! OMG!!! LOL!!!! WELL MY GAI INSHURANCE CUMPANY TOLD MEH THAET THAE WOUNLDNT PAI FOR IET CUZ I DIDENT HIET THE DEER! WELL I TOLD DEM FUCKAZ. I DROVE TO MY INSHURANCE OFFIC AND I THREW MY SUB BOX AT DEM FUCKAZ. DEY DONT FUCK WIT ME NO MO. TRUST MEH! DEY GAV ME A PUTNIAC FIRBIRD JUZ CUZ DEY WERE SO SKUREDDDD!!!!!!11!1 LOL!!! OMG!!! ROFT!!!11!!1!~~~

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The sub box thing never gets old

$1300.

My parents are paying most of it, but I'm paying what I can. We didn't even tell the insurance company, cause I know they won't cover it, but they'll almost certainly raise my rates if we tell them.

Damnit Scott. Sorry man. BTW, even though you didn't hit the deer, you have a long was to catch up w/ me....

I'VE HIT 3 DEER WITH 1 CAR.....GUESS WHICH ONE.....YEP, THE GP. It sucks, but I got a new hood, bumper, front fenders and the whole Passenger side of the GP repainted because of deer.

Someone please tell me they've hit more deer w/ one car than I have........BTW, my insurance never went up because of the deer. W/ full coverage now, I'm only paying $100 a month...not too bad I think.

Damnit Scott. Sorry man. BTW, even though you didn't hit the deer, you have a long was to catch up w/ me....

I'VE HIT 3 DEER WITH 1 CAR.....GUESS WHICH ONE.....YEP, THE GP. It sucks, but I got a new hood, bumper, front fenders and the whole Passenger side of the GP repainted because of deer.

Someone please tell me they've hit more deer w/ one car than I have........BTW, my insurance never went up because of the deer. W/ full coverage now, I'm only paying $100 a month...not too bad I think.

4 in 2 weeks. Same car.. Expensive ordeal.

100/month is what i pay, i havent hit a deer yet though :worship:

:lol: my old suburban has taken down about 50 deer since i put my big ass brush gaurd on the front and it still doesn't have a singal scratch on the brush gaurd but i've given away a lotta deer jerky :roll: