Cutlass Radio Interchangability

WhiteOut

Okay, this is a question for you 95' and up W-body owners (or for anyone else who may know). My 95' Cutlass has the Delco casette deck and I've got an opportunity to purchase a Delco CD deck from a 96' Cutlass. I don't think its the BOSE system, but I'll have to check to cofirm that. Does anyone know if I can just swap radio units between the CD deck and the current casette deck I have installed, and will it work with the steering wheel controls? I know if its the BOSE system it probably won't work, but I'm pretty sure its the plain old Delco one so I just need to know if its going to be an issue to do a simple swap?

Simple swap should do it. I figure its safe to assume the setup is similar to Pontiac, whereas my '94 will accept (as far as I've checked) a '98 GP radio. A '96 Monte Carlo radio has also worked in there. Radio controls have all worked too.

I haven't seen a BOSE system in a 95-97 cutty....

I don't think they put those in either. I have seen 6 speaker set up's (stock) on the 95+ Cutty's, but I really don't think they were BOSE.

My car has the six spearker setup. All it does is add component speakers in the doors. I've seen Bose systems for sale before on Ebay, so unless other cars had the same exact stereo that said Oldsmobile on them there must have been a Bose option. Thats partly why I was asking the question because Bose stereo's often do not have a central amplifier, but rather an amp on each speaker.

Thanks for the info though, I'd much rather know BEFORE I take the dash apart.

I've seen Bose systems for sale before on Ebay, so unless other cars had the same exact stereo that said Oldsmobile on them there must have been a Bose option.

I too have the six speaker option, but trust me there is NOT a BOSE system for the Cutty.....maybe the Aurora or something else, but not the Cutty