Just having thoughts....

dkorinko

This might be a bad idea but it came into my mind for the first time...should i sell my car???? It's just getting hard to keep up with because i dont have a good job and the gas it sucks nearly takes my paychecks lol. If anyone wants to see it, theres pictures already up here, i just wanted to see if anyone was really interested???? Not in a rush or anything. New parts include, ECU, Chip, Map Sensor, Speed Sensor, Oxygen Sensor, and a beautiful Transmission, oh and new motor mounts! :D Just thought i would throw the idea out there, car has 124,000 miles on it. exactly 15,000 since the engine rebuild.

Well.. if you sell it.. you have to buy another car. I always ponder selling mine, but then I realize I'll still have to spend money on another vehicle. And plus, I KNOW what my car is.. I know how its been treated, whats been replaced, and when.. its somewhat comforting.

Obviously I know i would have to get another car...just crossed my mind on getting something else until i can afford to get another TGP and use another car as a daily driver and just dump all my money into the TGP.

Well yeah.. but say you sell your car now.. spend perhaps half that cash on a different car.. and who knows what kind of money you'd have to sink into that. It is always up to you of course.. but I'm in the same boat as you. I struggle/sink further into debt from paycheck to paycheck, as none are big enough to make the bills each month. Every day I wonder if I should sell off my car and buy some cheap POS, and spend the extra money on the bills until I can once again afford a better car. Just sayin' I know what you're dealing with. Best of luck!

Thats actually what i am about to do, i found an 89 galant that is a 1 owner car, and all it needs is a clutch, but right now its even driveable. I guess we think alike, i am going over to the guys house tomorrow to take a look at it one last time.

Yep, I would park the GP and buy a beater like mfewtrail suggested. I did the same thing a few years back. I spent $300 on a Toyota Trecel, bought a new main crank seal for a few bucks plus some pins to hold the headliner up and there it was, good as new (ok, not that good but...). It got me around for cheap and that was the point.

Mike

Guest TurboSedan

having 2 cars is really nice when one decides to break. i bought my Turbo GTS for $300 almost a year ago and i drive that car WAY more than my Cutlass Supreme. besides, i'll have a car to drive this spring while i install my TGP engine. it's also kinda fun having something different to work on and learn from (as long as it has a Turbo and a 5-speed of course 8) )

i say get a Turbo Dodge! cheap, unbelievably easy/cheap to get those suckers in the low 14's and most of them already have 5-speeds. easy to work on too.

joshua

Well I found a way to get a little extra cash...one of my teachers has an 89 Galant, and he is paying me and my buddy 1000 to do the clutch plate and timing chain, is that a good deal or am i getting myself into some deep shit???