Hood Clearance

slick

How much hood clearance do we have in our cars, specifically the 3100? I know that the L67 can fit in there without having to modify the hood, but is it any taller than the 3100? I need to know whether I will have to get a new hood or not when I get my supercharger on there. If so, i'm hitting the local JY with $60 in my pocket.

have you decided on how to mount the sc? got any drawings?..just look at the lip below the window at the back of the hood and the slant/angle the hood is at and you should get an idea of the "cleareance"..I would imagine it's not a whole lot above the stock intake/plenum.

The 3.4 isn't much taller I don't think, just very wide at the top. Stick a cupcake on your engine, and if you have excess room, it's cupcake time. Seriously, I like the setup I've seen on a 3100 once, where the supercharger sat about where the airbox sat, and it had a long tube to run to the front for the crank pulley belt. I believe one of those overpriced tuner companies for our cars makes it.

I would try something w/ a custom adapter and getting rid of the upper intake/plenum...it should be closer to fitting under a stock hood anyways..but it's tough to say...the M90 looks big as hell on that beretta. :shock:

Yeah, but I have came across another idea now where I won't mount it on top of the plenum. If you look in the performance section for Turbo 3100 or somthing like that, on the second page is the new idea. Much easier to do too.