keyless entry help

PaPaPooh

ok i have 2 remotes i got off ebay

here is whats happening i ground the system the doors lock/unlock i hit the lock button on the remote nothing happens so i start over then hit the unlock button on the remote and the doors lock/unlock i unground the system and the remote does not work

i replaced the batteries still does the same thing

so does anyone know if it could be the module or not?

or anything else i could do to figure out if it is the remotes or the module?

thank you for any advise or help you give me

That procedure may do the trick.. and it may not.

The one in the TGP didn't work when i got it, and it looks like it had been worked on in the past. I've tried to fix it, and it's still shot.

Good luck.

It may not be the module, the remotes may not be right. Check the FCC ID numbers on the back to make sure they're correct. I had that happend when I bought a key FOB for my Toro that was from a Cadillac, it should have worked, but the FCC number was different so it was a no go.

well here is the thing no one can give me the fcc code for the 89's i can only get the 93-up fcc codes

here is the thing if i ground the system and it reconizes the remote with the lock/unlock when i push one of the buttons it should work right?

can anyone with a 89 with keyless give me the fcc code off the remote?

yes that is the style remote i have

luke got this off his remote GQ43VTI and mine is ABO0104T

I just programmed the remote for my Firebird

When you ground the system you should hear them lock and unlock, then press any button on the remote (if you hit the lock button the doors should lock)

After those steps the remote should be programmed and you can unground the system.

According to this thread all TRW remotes will work http://w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=285&highlight=keyless&sid=dd1d720bf66984e19197f693ef3426b4