detroit auto show pics!

ThunderBat

hey hey guys and gals! the new car season is upon us! time to slobber and drool all over those new factory concept cars...and all the new and hot items we'll probably never be able to afford! nevertheless, Detroit kicks off this spectacle evry year and I go the New York Auto Show almost every year to soak up all those babies in person...but for now go here

http://www.freep.com and then click on updated show pics...this renders a page of thumbnails which almost all have an ajoining slideshow...enjoy!

Wow, that Pontiac G6 looks like an 04 Grand Prix mated with a Dodge Neon! :puke:

I can't say I saw anything worth drooling over. The only car that I thought looks good is the Saab 9-3.

personally I think the azz of that "Saturn Curve" is one of the ugliest pieces of automotive work I've seen in some time...all I can see is a nissan murano back-humping the chysler atlantic show car from a couple of years ago...yeesh! what were they thinking?

i'll be going to the Philadelphia Internation auto show come early february! I'll be going and I'll try and take some pictures! I'm going to hold all commenting on all cars till I see them in person!

I've read some inside dirt that says Bob Lutz is pushing hard to get the Solstice into production. He wants to turn Pontiac into "the american BMW" don't know how much luck he's gonna have doing that but I read the Solstice is aimed squarely at the Mazda Miata...I can't help it though, it breaks my heart and pisses me off all at the same time when I see how Ford has reinvented the mustang while bigdaddy GM flushed the Firebird down the drain!

Get me some pics of the 3500, 3900, 3.6 DOHC and some specs:) PICS!

I liked the G6 from the last pics I saw of it...i didn't see shit on that link other than a lot of BS. Its getting a 60V6 too, possibly with boost.

Get me some pics of the 3500, 3900, 3.6 DOHC and some specs:) PICS!

I liked the G6 from the last pics I saw of it...i didn't see shit on that link other than a lot of BS. Its getting a 60V6 too, possibly with boost.

Here's a direct link to the gallery.

I don't like the G6 at all. From the rear 3/4, it's a dead-ringer for the Neon. Looks like an 04 Grand Prix mated with an 04 Neon and this was their baby.

Is it just me or does it look like the Chevy Nomad, Pontiac Solstice, and Saturn Curve seem to be on the same plateform? NOt that GM hasnt done this before but what with the talk about the Solstice being RWD and maybe a V8 could these be the replacements for the F-bodies? I dunno, just thinking...always thinking :)

What...the....FU**, is THAT!?!?!

01jeeptreoconcept.jpg

That's the most rediculous thing I've ever seen! Good thing it's only a concept car. It's worse than a VW Beetle.

Looks like they got some pretty sweet cars, other than that. I wish I could go to Detroit.

What...the....FU**, is THAT!?!?!

01jeeptreoconcept.jpg

That's the most rediculous thing I've ever seen! Good thing it's only a concept car. It's worse than a VW Beetle.

Looks like they got some pretty sweet cars, other than that. I wish I could go to Detroit.

Looks like a Beetle that woke up still drunk and forgot to put on it's clothes!!!! :lol: