HUD on Lumina??

EurosportZ34

A friend of mine is junking her '90 Grand Prix SE with HUD (Heads Up Display) in the Spring. She said that I can have the HUD parts. Does anyone know of a way that it can be rigged onto one of my Luminas?

yeah, the same way you install it in any W' that isn't prewired for it..just cut your dashpad to fit it right and wire it up and everything should work..it isn't that bad if you have a little time/patience to get it done. Just source some good wiring manuals for wire comparisons between the cars...GM would be recommended..or if you have alldata..that would probably be the easiest since they show certain connectors and list color/etc. for the various wires going into those connectors..it's quicker to look at alldata than scanning through manuals comparing wires in my opinion. I can get you the diagrams you'll need if you tell me what Lumina you're wanting to put this in, the year and whatnot.

EDIT: make sure to get the pigtail/connector for the HUD w/ a couple of inches of wiring if you're just cutting it out..you might be able to use the whole harness out of the Prix' but you'll most likely have to change a few wires around and whatnot.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, lol...

For the clear corner instructions goto my guestbook at the site below in my sig. It's somewhere in there! Goodluck, any questions don't be afraid to Email me.

-bRad

Yeah, acutally in a way they do just 'pop out'. FYI, take your time and go slow when you pry them out. If not it will look like shit.

I never gave it any thought until I smoked a German Shepard dog at like 80.. the side marker was busted up, so I saw that the little reflector just slides right out.

I smoked a German Shepard dog at like 80..

damn that musta been scary, i remember hitting a little dog on the road coming back from st cloud with my parents a few years ago, i was scared as hell, the dog lived though, and everytime we go past that house there are black marks all over the highway from those dogs runnin out on the highway and cars lockin em up trying to not hit the dogs

I smoked a German Shepard dog at like 80..

damn that musta been scary, i remember hitting a little dog on the road coming back from st cloud with my parents a few years ago, i was scared as hell, the dog lived though, and everytime we go past that house there are black marks all over the highway from those dogs runnin out on the highway and cars lockin em up trying to not hit the dogs

I laughed.