semi serious car shopping

musthavemuzk

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet or not..

But, few people know that the 1997 and 1998 Grand Prix GTP's have lower insurance than the 1999-2003 GP's.

In 1997 and 1998, the GTP was an add-on package to the GT, NOT a seperate model of car like they are in 1999-2003. I have confirmed this with my insurance company, and my girlfriend confirmed this as well when she was looking for a new GP.

its not RWD drive it has to do with more like ABS or tractions control most of our cars have that most RWD dont.

you live in texas.

the way out driveway is right now, you cant get out of it with any RWD, even my brothers sonoma with close to 500 pounds in the bed cant get out, even my dads 02 sierra cant get out without using the 4wd, and then if/when you do get out, our road is pure ice, i can barely get going with my car on that road, good luck with a wear wheel drive car, slidin all over the place :gone2far:

but i love RWD in the summer and in the spring, when the weather is sunny and the air is crisp, and all the tar is clear and all wet :D after school, everyone hangs out in the parking lot, SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!!!!!!!!! :D

rear wear drive?? hahah funny

my point was that it doesnt have to do with RWD or FWD it has to do with technology. Late model cars have worse handling in snow then earlier models. Period.

My firebird has ABS and was avalible with traction control. There is now way it could handle any where near as could as my "snow mobile" Cutlass though, W-Bodys are unbeliveable in the snow :shock:

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet or not..

But, few people know that the 1997 and 1998 Grand Prix GTP's have lower insurance than the 1999-2003 GP's.

In 1997 and 1998, the GTP was an add-on package to the GT, NOT a seperate model of car like they are in 1999-2003. I have confirmed this with my insurance company, and my girlfriend confirmed this as well when she was looking for a new GP.

that is nice to know info Luke.

i will definitely keep that in mind.

Monty

well given that you said space is important to ya, & that it sounds like your in the market for a gm & you dont want a supercharger or the 3.4 twin cam.....heres my advice for ya: if you can spend a good amt: current gen monte w/ the 3800, or current gen. regal w/ 3800....i think those would be the two roomiest options for you. If not.....try one of the 97/98 gp's se 3800. if you cant spend so much, the gp has the best handling of the w body's from my experience, & ive driven 3 different w bodies and the 94-96 3100 does aight. you CAN find them in excellent condition w/ low mileage(my 95 gp had 60 k miles when i bought it a year ago!) the regal offers the most power out of the pushrods w/ the 3800. My venture would be on the bonny that the 3800 series I could get beaten by the 3100 since its only 10 extra hp but lots of extra weight. As for the people suggesting Park Avenue, Lesabre, etc. ive driven my great aunt's & its rather sluggish....sorta like driving a tank....most v6's just cant carry that sort of weight around maybe some of honda's vtec or nissans new 6ers could i doubt anything else could. Thats just my 2 cents.

I like the 04 GXP version the best. I never cared for the ass end of the 92-99. I don't like droopy asses.

I love that '04 as well. I don't mind the '92-'99 model AS LONG AS it has a spoiler on the back.. kinda tops off that droopy ass. No spoiler? No go.

cool.

thanx for the input guys.

will keep in touch with the ideas.

i asked at another forum and was recommended to get some nuts and do the L67 swap into my cutlass. i dunno about that. as i have other issues that i would rather not keep around. like no interior lights, no power locks, no power mirrors. as well as needing shocks/struts all around.

so with all these problems i might be better off getting something different and stick with it.

Monty

the L67 swap would be more practical if i had 2 vehicles. so i could tie one up while i still had wheels to drive around.

as it is cold up here and well i hate being without my own wheels.

Monty