INterior question for Cuttys

Inuyasha32

Well, I am about to turn 18, I have a job, and hopefully my parents will be letting me buy a car soon. I have my eye on a 92-96 Olds Cutlass Supreme "Vert, but after looking through Autotrader I have some questions about the interior.

Is this correct?

92-93: Old Interior, Old Wheel

94: Old Interior, New Wheel

95-96: New Interior, New Wheel

If so, I don't paticularly like the 94's, the new steering wheel looks awfule with the old interior. :puke: Problem is, the only Cutty 'Very near me is a 94. :cry: It is triple black though. :D But it also has 130,000 miles. :cry: However, the transmission and top motor were just replaced. :D

Also, on the 95-96's, do all of them come with auto climate control, or just some? If I don't get the one near me, I am also looking at this one: 95 Cutty 'Vert

Don't ya'll be getting any ideas no2w, it's mine, all mine!! :twisted:

How much are they asking for the '94?

That '95 seems a little high.

If I were you, you can find better deals from non-dealerships. If you have autotrader or something like that, pick one up. Your sure to find one in there for much cheaper than that.

How much are they asking for the '94?

That '95 seems a little high.

If I were you, you can find better deals from non-dealerships. If you have autotrader or something like that, pick one up. Your sure to find one in there for much cheaper than that.

They're asking 5,000 for the 94. I know the 95 is too high, I would definately get my dad to try and talk them down before I make the trip up to Virginia. The KBB is actually 7,000 for a dealer on that car!

Yeah, there is Autotrader magazine around here, but they never have any interesting cars, just grocery-getters and grandma-mobiles. :(

Not knocking the 3.4, but just be aware of what you may be getting into with that engine.

Yeah, I am well aware of that. I have

http://redfox340.tripod.com/wbodyperformance/

http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/34Performance/

http://www.60degreev6.com/

all on my favorites list.

If I do get one of these cars thpough, I will probably leave it pretty much stock. Not really much point in modding them really, performance wasn't exactly one of the design criteria and I know it. :lol:

Exactly. If you really don't like working on engines (i know im gonna get slack for this) don't get a 3.4. Where exactly do you live, we could help with your search for a Cutlass Covertible.

Exactly. If you really don't like working on engines (i know im gonna get slack for this) don't get a 3.4. Where exactly do you live, we could help with your search for a Cutlass Covertible.

Check under my name. :D Charlotte, North Carolina. Awhile back there was a guy with a 93 Triple Black for about 5,000, but he sold it. :( He does still have a 94 though, but it's Teal and has the 3.1

More so this quote from this site http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/34Performance/dohc.html

Think of it as a MG Midget...maintance, maintance, and more maintance. I cannot stress enought that this is NOT a car to give the kids going to college. The 3.4L takes frequent, extensive maintanence to assure its durability. All strange noises should be investigated immediately, as you may soon be walking. Maybe you arent mechanically inclined. That's ok, as long as youu can work with assistance. But if your're the type who doesnt want to spend money on frequent maintance, sell the car. It will bite you!!!

I got bit.

More so this quote from this site http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/34Performance/dohc.html

Think of it as a MG Midget...maintance, maintance, and more maintance. I cannot stress enought that this is NOT a car to give the kids going to college. The 3.4L takes frequent, extensive maintanence to assure its durability. All strange noises should be investigated immediately, as you may soon be walking. Maybe you arent mechanically inclined. That's ok, as long as youu can work with assistance. But if your're the type who doesnt want to spend money on frequent maintance, sell the car. It will bite you!!!

I got bit.

Yeah, I read through that ENTIRE rant / story about the 3.4 on that site. Took forever, but I did it. Anyways, my school is about 5 miles from my house max, and work is only about a 30 mile round trip, so it's not exactly gonna see many miles.

My school was 6 miles away... I'm just saying that if you don't have the knowledge to do the extensive maintainence/repairs yourself, make sure you have a fat wallet. Thats the main reason I ditched my 3.4. I don't know how to work on them and the mechanics charge BIG BUCKS to fix them.

It sounds like your first car.. I just don't want ya to get skunked. My Cutlass w/ the 3.4 was my first car, and I was so proud of it. It ran just like the girlfriend.. always had some kind of problem and took all my money.

My school was 6 miles away... I'm just saying that if you don't have the knowledge to do the extensive maintainence/repairs yourself, make sure you have a fat wallet. Thats the main reason I ditched my 3.4. I don't know how to work on them and the mechanics charge BIG BUCKS to fix them.

It sounds like your first car.. I just don't want ya to get skunked. My Cutlass w/ the 3.4 was my first car, and I was so proud of it. It ran just like the girlfriend.. always had some kind of problem and took all my money.

Heh, yeah, first car, sorta. Right now, I drive my mom's old 1999 Honda Odyssey, as base as you can get. I make probably about 500+ a month, not like that's exactly alot, but if something really serious happens, i can borrow cash from my dad. Oh yeah, no mods, but I would definately be installing a tranny cooler.

Update: I checked out the 94 Triple Black 'Vert. What a pile. :cry: It was a 3.1, with manual hvac and an old aftermarket stereo. The engine burned oil with some kind of gas coming out from under the hood front and rear. One of the speakers was missing a grate, the antenna was broken in half, the interior was falling apart, and the engine tried to stall at low speeds. Not to mention the top boot was missing.

Oh well. Now I just gotta get the 95 in Virginia. The sooner the better, don't want it to be gone. :D

hey 3100 owns you :lol:

it sucks it was in such bad shape b/c the triple black ones look the best!

just something to consider also is the 3100 engine is much lower maintenance and is more reliable.

I just bought mine on Ebay!!! I was high bidder and the car didn't make the reserve. I made him an offer, and jumped on Amtrk and drove the car home sight unseen.

It's a '93 with 72K miles, 3.1L with steering wheel controls and the auto climate control and most other options. It also has the rear boot and all the reciepts since new. I paid $3200 for it... I know in the picture it looks blue, but it's actually the Teal color.

Heh, yeah, first car, sorta. Right now, I drive my mom's old 1999 Honda Odyssey, as base as you can get. I make probably about 500+ a month, not like that's exactly alot, but if something really serious happens, i can borrow cash from my dad. Oh yeah, no mods, but I would definately be installing a tranny cooler.

Don't get one, trust me I got one for my first car. I've driven it about 5k miles and spent 3,000$ for the car and 2500$ in repairs. Do yourself a favor.

I used to have a 94 CS Convertible with 3.4 and loved it but had to return it to dealer because they broke my motor for the top and each time they tried to fix it, it got worse so they had to take the car back. But i miss that car it was nice and 3.4 was running smooth and godd.