Frozen Suspension?

sl3196

It feels like my suspension is frozen or something broke. The tire is almost rubbing the fender. The ride is really bumpy too. The temp here is 0 degrees so thats why I think it might be frozen. My car has done this off and on when its cold. Help!

It feels like my suspension is frozen or something broke. The tire is almost rubbing the fender. The ride is really bumpy too. The temp here is 0 degrees so thats why I think it might be frozen. My car has done this off and on when its cold. Help!

Same thing here. I just wrote it off as a normal GM thing :?

i noticed that with my cutty the first time temps dropped down to about 10 above. car was way stiff in the bumps.

i already knew that shocks/struts were going bad. guess they do not like cold when it they are going out.

Monty

I had a Saturn that would build snow pack in the wheel wells and would actually hit the tires on the built up snow reducing the suspension travel.

I think it is normal for most all cars to ride stiffer when it's cold.

Yeah I know the suspension gets stiff when cold but my rear end is hanging way down. I have it in a garage tonight to see if it will thaw out. It's -9 degrees here.

Yeah I know the suspension gets stiff when cold but my rear end is hanging way down. I have it in a garage tonight to see if it will thaw out. It's -9 degrees here.

First I'd check to make sure there aren't any dead bodies in the trunk, and then second I'd check for a bad rear spring (probably the problem).

Very good chance its that rear transverse leaf spring. I replaced some crap on that today to try cure a saggy rear end.. I replaced the rubber pads that disappear from the ends of the spring, and it fixed the problem. Took me all of 20 minutes to do it too.

the rear spring is a composit spring. i see broken ones all the time. i work in a garage. id go to a junkyard for one if it is indeed broken. we buy em new form a local supplier for about $400. its real fun putting them in if u dont have a hoist. hehe

Don't forget to check tire pressure. Handling was off when the temperature dropped, I looked under the rear fearing a cracked spring or something, finally checked tire pressure, 15 PSI on one rear tire, 22 on others. (should be 30 according to label in trunk).