saddle soap

Dannymik

I would like to know where you can get saddle soap to help the cracked areas on my leather seats. I found a bunch on Ebay, but what stores carry it? This was mentioned by someone on the "TGP" forums to work good.

I've always used the Maguiers leather cleaner/conditioner on my leather seats in all my vehicles. It seems to do a good job and smells like a new leather coat!!!

As far as your worn seats go, Saddle Soap may be a good idea!!! I never really thought about that.... I don't know if a Super Walmart would have it or not, but if all else fails call a Horse Tack shop or a horse farm and see where they get theirs.

Sadle soap won't do much to "restore" leather. Sadle soap is more for water proofing than anything else, and it water proofs the leater by sealing the pores of the leather which in a car interior will lead to further damage from heat buildup in the summer.

Believe me I tried every thing with my Toronado's seats, sadle soap, mink oil, conditioners and cleaners of every possible brand, etc... Turns out that when leather damaged by heat or water there's not a whole lot you can do to make it look good again. I think I had the best results with Lexol. Spray a coat of the leater conditioner on your seats and use spread it around with a clean cloth. Then put a layer of sawran wrap on your seats and let it sit over night, the leather should soak up the conditioner and feel at least a little better the next day. It seems to work better in warmer conditions, so depending on where you live you may have to wait untill spring for it to be really effective.