Those W/ 5.25" Component speakers....Please Read.

AWeb80

I got some Brand New Rockford Comp. 5.25 for my doors. Now, Those of you that have installed them, did you just put the tweeter in the stock posistion, or did you put them up on your A-Pillars...

I'm leanig toward puttig them in my doors, cause I don't want to make a hole in my A-Pillar.

Tell me what you have done. Thanks in advance.

PS. I'll be hooking an amp up a 150 Watt amp to them too.

There soon to be amped.

I have Infinity components.

Basically, i drilled a hole for the wire to run through. I hooked up the wire, and made sure they worked. I then screwed the tweeter holder into the panel, and tightened the tweeter into it. My component crossover is currently down the the space below the stock speaker location, that cubby holder down there :lol: As for the 5.25 component speaker, it was just a stock replacement, nothing to it.

Since your amping yours, what i would do is have the amp on the interior of the car, that way your wires aren't so long. Once you have it hooked up, run the speaker wires to your crossover. On the amp, if you can, make sure there are no filters on, because the crossover will filter out certain frequencies for the mid and tweeter.

All and all, I could do both sides in 3 hours, at most. Since your amping them, add another hour to hook up the amp and stuff.

Has anyone put 6.5" components into their doors? I acquired a set this week and am curious if they will fit... if no one knows, I will soon enough. :rocking:

It depends on your mounting depth of the speakers, but If I can put 6.5's in my sunfire, i'm sure it can be done in a Lumina! Just build brackets out of 1/2" MDF. It's not that hard! I'm sure they'll fit in there!