Regal Floor Shifter Problems

Ribbie

Can someone please tell me how the square knob/button on the top of the gear selector comes off? I have not seen any c-clips, screws or anything the would retain the knob and button.

92 Buick Regal GS

I would like to get this thing off so I can rebuild the console, the sliders around the gear selector shaft are coming apart.

Thanks in advance

hacksaw

You would think that if you thought of some thing so funny, you would so much more material, and not have the time to annoy us, because you were on tour with Jerry Seinfeld.

I am looking for a more hmmm.....

educated answer.

I know, you were just replying to get your member status increased....?

Theres a c-clip on the stereo side of the shift knob, its kinda hidden but its there, looks like one of the stiches sorta. Pull that bad boy out and then the knob should come right off.

Dude, you can't figure out how to take a shift knob off?????

a stupid question ALWAYS warrants a stupid answer..

The only stupid question is the one not asked, unless the answer is blatantly obvious.

Now lets take a look at the responses, WOW both said there were c-clips, and one of the people were kind enough to describe what they appear to look like.

Thank you both for very helpful answers.

As for you jeremy, one of the underlying points of having these boards is to share information, not riducule someone for not knowing what you already do. Petty and immature. :lol:

I would have figured it out sooner or later, but prefer doing something right the first time with out breaking anything.

Thanks Slick94prix and Flyby736.