Wheel and Tire selection ???

1995GrandprixRED2dr

Hey guys,

I am looken at some Eagle Alloy 077's 18 in. I am wondering if any of you that have them if with the tires you have how it rides? If you have these rims what size tire you have and what you maybe suggest type of brand. Or would it be better to go with the 17's i want a nice ride in my car. They guy at the store side for 18's i should get 245 20 18. But i also heard i should get 235 40 18? What ones and will those clear without rub and will they rub when i turn?

thx rob

dykz34 has those wheels, and they are indeed very awesome looking.

The tire you need to get is 245/40/18. This tire should fit perfectly, and your speedo should be pretty much unaffected.

yeah thats what i figured, but would it ride ok, i mean my car hasnt been lowered and when i seen the tire at the shop it looked ok side wall height but i am just wondering if it will ride like a damn truck or will it ride ok?

thx rob

235/20's? holy shit, talk about low profile... yah you would definitely feel the road with those tires, id go with the 40's, then youll have just a little bit more of a tire to absorb bumps and stuff

so basically you would say to go with 17's or 18's?I mean i seen both of the tires the guy told me would be perfect for my car and i mean the 18's rubber wasnt much thinner than the 17's so help me decide!!

thx rob

IMO 18" wheels would look stupid on a Gen 1 W-body. Its all personal preference, but I think they are too big for the car. I would go for the 17's not only for the ride quality, but because I think they would look better too.

Shawn

Hey

So if i were to get the 18's i should get a 215, isnt that a thin sidewall tire, i mean real thin?I dont know much bout tire number. Y dont you guys think 18s wouldnt look good? Look at this guys car with the 18's http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/344478 i personal think they look good both the 17's and 18's but i think the 18's would look bad on my car.

thx rob

Yes, the 245 is wider than a 215. That will have a ton better ride. Also, the taller the tire, the better the ride too, meaning a 50 tire will have a better ride quality than a 40 tire.

Whatever you do decide on, don't get 40 series tires. They look like damn rubber bands. Atleast get a 45, if not 50.

So would a 215 even fit a 8 in wide tire b/c the guy said to get a 245, that what i am confussed about. Do you think a 45 series would fit under my wheel well considering i have not lower or anything?

thx rob

On that 18, get like a 235 or 245 width with a 45 or 50 heigth. Your speedo is gonna be off. Personally, i would get a 245, because i love wide tires, and get the 45 series tire, or else they will just look like 17's with a 50 series. If your car was dropped, you would definately be able to tell they were 18's, they'd fit the wheel well much much better.

yeah i gotcha, so i will just get 245 45 18 then. Yeah i would drop it but if i wanted fast and good corning i would take out one of my 2 trans am ws6 lol but anyways. 18's Eagle 077 245 45 18 is the tire and its final lol

thnx slick for your help

rob

Yeah that is they plan if i can afford the 245 45 18's there like 200 a tire. Hopefully my dad will hook it up since he is opening a dealership and is hooken up with a local tire and rim guy lol :) :) :)