95 Regal heat issues

aaron7

I'm new to the W-body world... with a 95 Regal Custom. Even when the engine has warmed up, the heat blows luke warm. There are no cooling issues, and I have changed the thermostat 2 times. I had the cooling system flushed at a shop too, and they saw no problems. What might be wrong?

That's what I was thinking, but the shop said they noticed no problems when they flushed the system, wouldn't they notice something?

Also, it isn't leaking, so might it just be clogged? Any way to unclog it if it is?

Ok try this.

Make sure you haven't put the thermostat upsidedown.

Make sure you have not put the serpentine belt under the water pump pulley (One thread mentioned they have put the serpentine belt incorrectly which was put under the water pump pulley and so it's turning the water pump in oppostite direction and pulling the coolant out from the engine instead of pushing the coolant into the engine.

Make sure that the heater core is not plugged up. Disconnect the heater core hoses and try to rig something on the end of the water hose that will fit the heater pipe and see if the water comes out on the other end of the heater core.

If your car has cruise control, make sure the cruise control works because that is also connected to your air vent selector (cold/hot).

• 2 weeks later...

ok. there are two heater lines goin into the firewall. make sure both of them are hot. if one is cold or cooler than the other, you have a plugged heater core. if they are both hot, there is a door in front of the heater core and ac core, make sure that the door is moving fully. ive found many fords have been having this problem. the core being plugged.....well if this tells you how common it is, i did 7 of them in the past week. also make sure your cooling system is properly bled of all the air. you may have a small pocket of air tucked away somwhere.

i was that guy who put the belt on incorrectly.

my problem ended up being exhaust gas in the cooling system.

basically a head gasket or head issue. they ran a test to check for this.

just waiting patiently waitng some cash so i can tear motor apart and hopefully just put in new head gaskets and what ever other gaskets i have to on the way back together.

but i would check for air pocket. properly filled system. vacuum lines hooked up as the cruise and vents will not work properly if vacuum lines are bad or disconnected.

Monty