Jacobs Electronics Ultra Coils & Wires

RareGMFan

Does anyone happen to know what the part number is for these? I have looked all over the net and this forum, but I can't seem to find a picture (except for the one on Chris A's site, and the Clubgp store), let alone a number. I am going to give both turbos a serious overhaul soon, and wanted to replace the coils with either these or MSDs, which ever I can find cheaper.

Also, does anyone know if Jacobs makes taylor fitted wires for the 3.1? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

The only wires Jacobs makes for our cars are universal lengths...you'd have to buy the ones that you cut yourself if you wanted the same lengths as stock. Kinda sucks. I bought MSD coils for my car from Jegs, I think they were about $110 shipped, I seriously doubt Jacobs is any cheaper than that.

The only wires Jacobs makes for our cars are universal lengths...you'd have to buy the ones that you cut yourself if you wanted the same lengths as stock. Kinda sucks.

Yeah, I kinda figured that much on the wires. Oh well, Mangecor it is.

I bought MSD coils for my car from Jegs, I think they were about $110 shipped, I seriously doubt Jacobs is any cheaper than that.

Yeah, I've found a couple sites that have the MSDs for $40. I doubt Jacobs will be cheaper, too. But I figured I'd shop around if I could get a damn part #. What's with the elusiveness of this part?

Its kinda fishy. Jacobs used to sell direct from themselves but now you can only buy from other companies. I think they are having some trouble making the conversion or something. I bought my wires from them when they were still available direct from them but then one of the slipped out of one of the separators and the cooling fan wore a hole through the insulation so I went back to stockish Bosch wires that were stock lengths.